Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I began spray painting my ugly old brass ceiling fan. 💞
Well it’s finished being painted although not put back up yet. My husband will hang it on Saturday. Here is a picture of it with a coat of paint. I’m impressed that I actually did a good job..😊👏 The blades are a dark brown.
34EABF98-85AF-4F55-8EA6-4DA54B05741D.jpeg
F5F3CB22-2777-4FE8-9B74-468A2F5931A0.jpeg

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
That does look good. Good color too, it won't show dirt like my white ones do........what was I thinking???
Yes. I didn’t want a white fan in the living room. In the birds room there is a white ceiling fan and boy does it look awful 😣
I might have to tackle that one soon?
I really am glad I chose this colour. 😊👏👍

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Jeepers our weather is all over the place. It was nice Saturday morning and in the afternoon the winds picked up and it snowed like crazy. It was like a blizzard 🌨 .
Yesterday morning it was white outside and by mid afternoon all the snow was melted away. I needed more hay so my husband picked up 51 more bales. I hope that they will last till first cut. :fl
I was happy with the bales. Good quality hay. 👏😊

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got 8 "early first cut" a month or so back because the boys clearly weren't going to make it to spring grass on the 20 bales of 2nd cut I got in the fall. Those boys are PICKY!!!! Lots more of the 1st cut ends up on the floor. I have to preorder 25 bales of second cut for next winter.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just took my horses off pasture that I don’t have and they are dry lotted for the summer. Last spring I sowed Bahia grass seed behind the barn where we had it forestry mulched. I allowed VERY limited grazing. A few days ago, I disced up the pipeline and sowed giant Bermuda grass seed, waiting on rain. I need grass sooooo bad!

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just took my horses off pasture that I don’t have and they are dry lotted for the summer. Last spring I sowed Bahia grass seed behind the barn where we had it forestry mulched. I allowed VERY limited grazing. A few days ago, I disced up the pipeline and sowed giant Bermuda grass seed, waiting on rain. I need grass sooooo bad!
Yes..I graze my horses all summer long and in good years I don’t have to feed hay till fall. We desperately need days of steady rain.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coyotes! :barnie
we have lots of coyotes around this year. One has been coming here almost daily this past week and I think it’s trying to lure Bindi away from the yard to kill her.:hit I can’t let the 4 little dogs outside alone.
It was just behind the shop calling and Bindi was wanting to go but I was able to get her back into the house.
Maybe it’s after the goats?

Latest posts