Chore thoughts...

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well last night chores, I noticed again that Nautilus's cheek looked swollen...so I need to check that because I saw it a couple days ago but forgot by the time I finished. So checked it, just extra fuzz, no teeth issues. My other thoughts include how to fit the most bunny cages in our tight quarters. And how we have too many horses and how nice it is that the kids help now.

Madhouse Pullet

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My most common chore thoughts:
- I need more chickens.
- I need another budgies
- I just need more animals in general
:lol: same here but,more animals = more chores
I think kids need chores.

So I always need enough chores for all kids to have their own.
Heck yeah! I love the word "bored"... my kids let that word slip out, and I've got a list of work for them! There's always enough chores and just when they think they did it all... I've got baseboards, walls, ceiling, cabinets, closets, weeds... etc. Etc.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:lol: same here but,more animals = more chores

Heck yeah! I love the word "bored"... my kids let that word slip out, and I've got a list of work for them! There's always enough chores and just when they think they did it all... I've got baseboards, walls, ceiling, cabinets, closets, weeds... etc. Etc.
My grandmother has a similar disdain for the B word. I had a cousin who would occasionally “let it slip” to make all of us have to clean. Let’s just say it only happened once when I was around.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love the word "bored"... my kids let that word slip out, and I've got a list of work for them!
Ha!

My mom was the same.. I remember saying I was bored.. and I got to scrub the floors. That was her go to.

Me. . I love it when the kids get into trouble... I always have a big project waiting.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, my bucket carrying muscles are really getting back into shape!
Me since I've been off work I really need to start working out so what I do actually do doesn't make me so sore. I use round bales and anything else to keep it easy for the wife when I'm gone for work. Before our huge cold front came in I got another lick tub so I wouldn't have to go feed in record cold temps.
My most common chore thoughts:
- I need more chickens.
- I need another budgies
- I just need more animals in general
I need more coops, or make some bigger, I don't have enough pasture for the horses, I need more land, so I can do anything.
I think kids need chores.

So I always need enough chores for all kids to have their own.
I just started having my 3yr old carry the feed bucket and hay bag to our feeder steer and opening the chicken coop in the morning. It takes 10x longer but he's learning. His scoops to fill the bucket barely cover the bottom of the scoop.

Lately my thoughts are I could've done had a handle on that filly if I'd use those few good days when it was nice.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just started having my 3yr old carry the feed bucket and hay bag to our feeder steer and opening the chicken coop in the morning. It takes 10x longer but he's learning. His scoops to fill the bucket barely cover the bottom of the scoop.
Yep, having the kids do it is 10x more work for you.... but the results are the best things in the world.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our 4 year old granddaughter loves to do chores with Mamaw. My pesky horse, Prince, will walk on in the feed and tack room while I'm filling the bucket and I have to shoo him out before he comes all the way in. I taught her to place a tiny hand on his chest and say BACK! BACK! BACK! She stands in the doorway, with her hand up, in complete control of the situation.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was giving my chickens some bread today and could not stop thinking about this.
Picture memes H8bwWJX07 — iFunny.jpg