Coffee anyone ?

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully, the new puppy figures out being okay with the crate before we all go insane.
When they dropped her off did they leave something with their scent on it? If so, put it in the crate with her so she can sleep on it. When I was crate training mine I would do that especially if they had to be in the crates for a few hours, it helps to ease the separation anxiety plus keeps them warm

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had rain here ALL day, off-on, drizzle, pour, all of it! 5-8pm tornado warnings -- got windy, mellowed out. 2am wind/rains wake me 🥴 up until 3:30. Slept until 8....sunshine and wind. 🤷 coffee & breakfast.

Work today, half day.....then looks like home rest of week. But, might get jobs thrown at me. I'll keep checking. Weather decent rest of week, cool & sunny.👍 Heading out to see what another 2.5-3" of rains left for me...do chores. Then to work.

I am not ready for snow!! But I'll like your pics 😁🤣🥰. Close enough for me.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG_2127.jpeg
Breakfast - it’s harvest day. Got to get over to the barn. 😊👍🏼

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
When they dropped her off did they leave something with their scent on it?
We picked him up at the shelter after he had been there a month. He came with collar and that's it. We bought him a crate, dog bed, stuffed chew bone, and puzzle toy.

We are trying light on with different music, etc. So far locking Bruno in same room helps...

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ice on the water bunks this morning. Then mid 60’s later. The yearly Christmas Party Debate is looming between Hubbs and I. He has a buddy who throws occasional shindigs that disguise his latest, greatest business and investment opportunities. Nice way to write off food and booze but I digress. Not interested in the gentleman’s space I’m relegated to either a gaggle of vacuous trophy wives or edgy first wives with the occasional strolling cougar. I usually end up sitting on a veranda with the family dog who is a far better conversationalist. Then a long drive home in the wee hours. Social obligations. Humbug.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yup! 😊 excited to taste home grown.

Ice on the water bunks this morning. Then mid 60’s later. The yearly Christmas Party Debate is looming between Hubbs and I. He has a buddy who throws occasional shindigs that disguise his latest, greatest business and investment opportunities. Nice way to write off food and booze but I digress. Not interested in the gentleman’s space I’m relegated to either a gaggle of vacuous trophy wives or edgy first wives with the occasional strolling cougar. I usually end up sitting on a veranda with the family dog who is a far better conversationalist. Then a long drive home in the wee hours. Social obligations. Humbug.
Ah yeah, the dog is always better company. 👍🏼 good luck.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
What is a potato chip cookie?
Signed- Cookie Challenged.
Dear Cookie Challenged -
Give these a try (but don't snack on the potato chips until you've taken out what you need for the cookies ;) )
Potato Chip Cookies
1 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 teas vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teas salt
1 teas baking soda
2 cups crushed potato chips
2 cups butterscotch chips
Cream the butter and sugars, then add eggs and vanilla stir together. Add in the flour, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine. Stir in potato chips and butterscotch chips.
Roll into balls (or whatever you'd do for choco chip cookies) and bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes.