Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today the sun is considering making an appearance 😊. Coffee & church all done. DGD coming to borrow trailer to take an old bed to dump...soon🤷😁

As I was getting ready for bed about midnight, this screeching happens, rush to back porch thinking cat fight -- nope!! My broody hen! There's a huge boar possum, had consumed her eggs, now after her 🥹😳😡. Grabbed a rake handle by door and beat the crap oughta that thing -- hen escaped and ran to barn...need to find her and see if injured. Anyway, that sorry SOB won't eat another egg, ever. Put a noose on it and hung it to finish a miserable, deserved death. Finished that job!! It'll be buzzard feed once I toss body on the old RR tracks. 🤬🤬 I really hate possum!

So this morning -- that's my schedule. Help hook trailer, toss dead possum. Find hen 🤞🙏 and go from there.......

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
All good. They just left. My wonderful hen 🥰, Bless her...some feathers askew is back at her nest. Another hen had laid an egg...she's setting and talking -- sad but beautiful❤️ I'll make a nest, with today's eggs, in a secure broody pen and move her after dark!! She WANTS to hatch eggs. It's an annual event for her. It'll happen.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just back from a casual 10 mile trail run this morning. Off to church after I eat my 10:15 lunch :lol:
At one time I'm pretty sure I could either keep up with you or out run you, don't know your age, but if I were to get back to running if we matched age for age I could do it again. Got a bad hip socket due to IED, but still can outrun the wife and she runs almost daily, I don't.
For Best Ranger Competition it’s 60 miles in 60 continuous hours with no sleep, interlaced with common Ranger tasks and tactics like shooting, land navigation, parachuting, obstacle courses and other events to push the limits of endurance with full battle rattle in combat boots.
I would not doubt you could easily out run me, even now.
And wowwwww that Best Ranger Competition sounds intense. Very impressive that some people can do it!
@Poka_Doodle have you considered the ironman triathlon? Of course, that has swim & bike plus run.🤷. Hey, if running is your thing....go for it. Maybe you watched Forrest Gump one time too many 🤣
Hahaha, I like where your head is at. Many people have asked me about doing one, or suggested I do one. I keep half joking that I think I could make it somewhere in modern pentathlon, and really do want to look into it later. For some reason I don't particularly love regular biking, and unless I do pentathlon, have no desire to ever swim again.
I have so much respect for people who can do an ironman triathlon, because I know just how hard the running training alone is, let alone adding two other sports, it is impressive.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Grabbed a rake handle by door and beat the crap oughta that thing -- hen escaped and ran to barn...need to find her and see if injured. Anyway, that sorry SOB won't eat another egg, ever. Put a noose on it and hung it to finish a miserable, deserved death. Finished that job!! It'll be buzzard feed once I toss body on the old RR tracks. 🤬🤬 I really hate possum!
Remind me to never pi$$ you off, lol! Great job though! Possums - ugh!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today the sun is considering making an appearance 😊. Coffee & church all done. DGD coming to borrow trailer to take an old bed to dump...soon🤷😁

As I was getting ready for bed about midnight, this screeching happens, rush to back porch thinking cat fight -- nope!! My broody hen! There's a huge boar possum, had consumed her eggs, now after her 🥹😳😡. Grabbed a rake handle by door and beat the crap oughta that thing -- hen escaped and ran to barn...need to find her and see if injured. Anyway, that sorry SOB won't eat another egg, ever. Put a noose on it and hung it to finish a miserable, deserved death. Finished that job!! It'll be buzzard feed once I toss body on the old RR tracks. 🤬🤬 I really hate possum!

So this morning -- that's my schedule. Help hook trailer, toss dead possum. Find hen 🤞🙏 and go from there.......
Careful or @Alaskan will have you out to get that bear!