Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, I wish people would stop asking. I know PERSONALLY people who have had it and are now dead. Gone. Never coming back. Good bye.

Coronavirus is no joke and science is not political. The virus has no politics, takes no prisoners, and isn't intelligent. It's a disease, just like the ones we deal with in our animals and we need to handle it well and practice good biosecurity or we will pay many times over with our lives, the lives of our children, and the lives of our loved ones.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Future DIL's grandfather had it. We know him personally. BUT he had tuberculosis as a young man, and had a lot of lung scarring and fibrosis. he was at great risk and had been in hospital with pneumonia countless times. When he caught it he was placed on a ventilator but couldn't recover FDIL's sister and great aunt tested positive, had it and survived without hospitalization. Her parents, other siblings, all living in same house were tested and did not catch it. In case anyone is believing that it targets people by race (not sure on that), the family are Philipino.

DH and I are waiting for our antibody test to come back.

However, this is not the worst disease to ever hit the planet. Polio was bad, smallpox was bad, this disease is bad.

BTW, we have now been told that we can go to the beach. :clapThe parking lots are closed and locked so where do you park to access the open beaches? :rolleyes: We must wear masks except when actually swimming AND no one is allowed to sit on the beach or stand there admiring the view. You must be walking running, swimming, playing games, or some other activity.

AND YOU CAN ONLY DO THAT ON WET SAND! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WALK ON DRY SAND! SO HOW DO YOU GET TO THE WET SAND? FLY?! :flypig

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop we are laughing at the utter stupidity of your governor, or is it local mayor? Either way, somebody is a corpse short of a full morgue. Gheesh what a dumb donkey! (I’m sorry little donkeys—didn’t mean to insult donkeys by comparing them to brain dead, lobotomized politicians)

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, we been there, done that on the closed parking/open beaches business, including the can't sit, must keep moving (but can't even bring a towel with you).

But the wet sand/dry sand thing? Most states divide the part of the beach that belongs to the public from the land that is privately owned at the mean high tide line - in other words, the point at which the sand is wet vs dry. The wet part is the public beach. The dry part technically belongs to the property owner whose yard it is adjacent to; if that property owner is OK with you being there, fine, but the governor isn't going to give you permission to trespass on private property.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is not private property. These are the public beaches with no private housing on the dry part. You have to cross the dry sand (a lot of it) to get to the wet sand. It is our mayor who has issued this peculiar dictum. If Covid was shown to cause brain damage you could make a good case for some of the politicians having it.

BTW, apparently Pelosi's dems have passed the 3 trillion "relief" bill in the House. This is the bill that does everything except help people affected by the virus - the working people! Hopefully, the senate will squash it. What are these politicians thinking?

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, this is a park, then? Are parks open, or just the beaches?

I can't say for California, but in North Carolina, only the part below the high tide mark is public beach. Every scrap of land above high tide belongs to somebody, whether an individual, a corporation, the county, the state, whatever. Even the public access points that let you get from wherever you parked to the strand are owned by the city/county, and they can (and do) close them when conditions justify it.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are not thinking, they are trying to ram some more of the "pork" projects down everyone's throats while trying to make it look like it will help the "poor suffering Joe Q public".... and to keep their support for and by the illegals. The money supporters are trying to get more and more passed with some little crumbs being thrown to the masses.... It is disgraceful and I would just hope that the public AND THE SENATE will see through it and people with even a little common sense will realize that it is just not sensible or doable in the long run.
I've never in my life seen anything like this. And do you know that the house does not actually write the bills anymore? It is done by outside companies then presented for reps to "sign on to".... that is why the "affordable health care act had to be passed.... as she said, pass it and then you can see what is in it....

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are County beaches and state beaches. People that have homes on the beaches do not own any of the actual beach. However, you cannot access the beach by walking through their property. There is lots of public access to the beaches though. And not much of the California beaches have privately owned homes sitting on them. Some do in Santa Monica, and certain older communities in the cities, but most of the homes are across the highway from the beaches. Farther north, the beaches are very rocky and cold.

It is confusing which person is controlling which beaches, parks, etc. The governor has oened certain areas, while the mayors have both opened and closed certain areas. Nobody can be sure which is which at this time. And since even when they open certain beaches and arks, they have locked the gates into the parking areas and won't let anyone park there. It is just another way for tin pot dictators to take control of our live.

Covid may be a bad disease, but most people make the right decisions to protect themselves. Making those decisions also protects others.

We can't continue living like this. Landlords are not collecting any rent, but have to pay mortgages, taxes, and insurance. Many landlords have saved for years and invested in rentals as retirement income. One city councilman here in California has already stated that when people lose their properties, or are in danger of losing them, the city should take advantage "of this great opportunity" and buy them up for homeless housing!

DD2 says that the relief unemployment is more than she was earning! She and Doofus are living with his father ad step mother so don't have any rent to pay. But the relief bill saying that renters don't have to pay their rent, does not say that the tenant must pay if they are getting relief money, just that they don't have to pay if they are not working because of Covid. Our tenant in Washington did not pay last month, or this month. Governor Inslee says he doesn't have to pay if he isn't working. He is self employed as a contractor. As far as I know there is no time limit, and we can't evict him. The only thing saving us t the moment is that we own the house with no mortgage, but the taxes are high, and so is the insurance. I need to have the chimney swept this summer (another expense)because the tenant was heating using the wood burning stove instead of the electric HVAC. I have cancelled the pest control since it was $50.00 per month. But this is income we rely on for our living expenses since we are retired. He only pays $1000.00 per month and Yelm is an army town with very few rentals available. We could rent it easily to an army family who could pay the rent. As it is we are stuck. We were willing to forego the rent last month because of the virus but not for the next 3-6 months!

People need to get back to work, They need their jobs back, farmers are dumping milk, foodstuffs, etc. because they can't get them to market or the processing plants are shut down. If the country doesn't open up the country will be facing a famine and I do not want to borrow Pelosi's 3 trillion dollars for the relief bill from China who I believe deliberately spread this Covid outside China! Apparently they are demanding that we repay the billions we already owe them because Trump is putting sanctions on them. I say we sue China here to wipe out our debt because they have caused this world wide collapse. And you can't say that it is not fair because all of China is not responsible - the communist Chinese government is completely responsible for everything China does.

We need to open the country no matter what. People at risk can stay home, but not at risk people need to open their businesses and go back to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts