Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
If anyone had the virus (the boys) what diffrence would it make at that point if they knew she was dieing...they were out in the waiting area :he:hit

That is a tragedy rooted in stupidity. I feel so bad for those boys and their dad. And it makes me angry too.

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So with Spring almost here and all this extra stuff... I'm contemplating on putting in a garden this year.... We didn't do one last year with all the extras with the farm and had cut back the last several years with kids and stuff... But am wondering if I should plan one with the world gone crazy.
I ordered more seed today. Figure I can get things started and maybe have seedlings for others who want to do the same.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Columbia, S.C. will, as of tomorrow, institute a curfew......drumroll please....wait for it......
From 11:00 pm to 6:00 am.

I'm hearing the voice of my dear departed mother, "there's no good you can be up to at that time of night." The most logical reason I can think of for a curfew is an attempt to head off what the Brits call "antisocial behavior;" in this case, I'm thinking 'Breaking and Entering' and looting. When the fabric of society begins to unravel, there are always those who will see it as an opportunity to act like animals. We see it after hurricanes - shoot, we had a well-publicized case during a hurricane a couple of years ago. Several folks broke into a Family Dollar store. A reporter cruising for damage stories saw them, reported them to the police, and was told to just back off and stay safe. She was disgusted and horrified with what she saw - most of what was being carried out of the store in no way resembled "hurricane supplies;" this was people acting on greed, not need. (Most of the parties involved were later identified and prosecuted)

At what point did compassion stop. What the hockey sticks but come let a family say their good byes that just makes me angry. Very angry!!!

Seriously. Since compassion had been shown the door, and there was clearly nothing more they could do for her, why didn't they just unplug her, shove her out the back door and let them say their goodbyes in the parking lot?!! (That was sarcasm, incidentally). I put this right up there with my grandmother's coffin swinging from the hook of a backhoe when it comes to insensitivity (and yes, that actually happened).

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Uh....I'm with you. How is that supposed to help other than making it illegal to party in the absence of having a bar in which to do so? Could that be it?

We got one confirmed case finally here in WV and they shut down all the restaurants and bars. One case, folks. We are not talking about bubonic plague, but a simple flu/cold virus. :he

We had 1 case last thursday, we now have 65 as of yesterday and 100s waiting for tests results to come back. It spreads fast, so I can't blame them.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, my crazy son who can’t stop his passion for the Ultra Marathon was signed up for a 100 mile race on April 25. Of course it’s been canceled. All of them have been until July at least. So, he went on the Ultra sign up website...who knew that was a thing...and created his own race!! Limited it to ten people. It’s going to be the same route he currently runs in the woods by our camp. Oh yeah, these ultra marathons are trail runs. Well, people have already signed up and he only posted it last night!! He’s going to get his friends to volunteer with the food booths, otherwise it’s self supporting...meaning, bring your own water people. He’ll make tshirts and have ‘belt buckles’ made....that’s the big reward for the race....he already has them picked out...just not ordered. He’s definitely a go getter...nothing stops this kid...he has more motivation than ten people!! I thought I’d put this on here, just to add a little, laugh, happiness, what ever, to this horrible situation.....stay safe!!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
If anyone had the virus (the boys) what diffrence would it make at that point if they knew she was dieing...they were out in the waiting area :he:hit
Exactly, and from what I have read that is the kind of case where the rules were supposed to be relaxed since the patient was already dying. I think I would have risked the security and been done with it. There is no reason to have kept them out if they were in the waiting room. I think that might be grounds for some nasty litigation..... I know I would sure be raising more than a little he// over it.
Sad but it is over anyway. Now they just have to try to come together and grieve and then to heal if possible.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Kids school got canceled for 2 weeks...im assuming they will follow suit with other states thinking of closing all year. I wasn't planning on starting homeschool untill sept although it looks like I might be starting early. I hope all of you are doing ok! 💓

Status
Not open for further replies.