dang bobcat

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I found a pile of feathers, where something obviously nabbed one of my birds.
I asked the black dog if it was a "yodeler", or a "coon", he just looked at me.
When I asked him of it was a "bad kitty" he put his nose to the ground and started tracking! He didn't come up with anything, but I am guessing we have a bobcat coming in!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
well some say what i heard may have been a black panther or a couger.so i really dont know what it was.but did find out it wasnt in no trapp.that joker was wandering the woods.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
There are cougar sightings around here all the time. We even saw one on the driveway one night, we interrupted his porcupine dinner!
But, I have never heard their screams!
Don't know if I want too!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Sorry to hear you lost one of your birds to one of those critters!
Thanks Kitty.
I know it's my own darn fault, everybody is free range!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We have to many prediators here to free range but, normally I don't lock them into the coop at night and let them have free run of their run. I have prediator proofed it as much as I can but, I too, know there is always a possiblity. I look at it as if they can get into that run they can tear the doors open on the coop so it's a mote point to lock them in the coop. It's our choice but, still a hard one when we lose one.

LavacaW

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Wynedot, did you have to chase that d$%^& bobcat down here? He has taken out 10 of my 12 chickens. I have them now in what I believe to be a totally predator proof pen until I catch him or kill him! Preferably the latter cause that's what's gonna happen to him anyway!

Bronco Hollow

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have not had a problem with bobcat or lion. Our coop is pretty near the house and I have 5 labs running loose at the house. The bobcats seem to pick off the barn cats though.

I'd been hearing that a black panther was around... didn't believe it, but the vet last time up said he saw it cross the road in front of him near us... his eyes were big as saucers lol. Once you hear a lion scream... you'll never forget it.

Knock on wood [thumping head] our coop is built against predators.. but still... I'd hate to lose my girls in such a way.

Latest posts