whinneysfarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm loving this discussion on setting up the farm for success! I'm actually going to start a new thread so I can hear everyone's ideas on other important farm features, and so I don't derail this thread too much.

To get back to deep litter, I hope it's okay if I tag some of the experimenters I've seen on here!
@Beekissed
@Coolbreeze89
@thethinkingweasel
@Kusanar

How has your guys' deep litter been progressing these past couple years?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some of those are no longer on here or not here very often. Don’t want you to get discouraged by no response.

I’m starting all over and will be taking this deep litter journey anew. I will definitely go with deep litter, I like low maintenance. Scooping poop daily is not on my list of things to do!

whinneysfarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You are sweet for looking out, thank you! I was hoping a ping might awaken them from their deep slumber 😂

I'm so excited to follow your deep litter journey, please don't forget to share some details every now and then! I'm still some years away before I can start the process, so I will continue looking on in envy and learn from everyone else.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are sweet for looking out, thank you! I was hoping a ping might awaken them from their deep slumber 😂

I'm so excited to follow your deep litter journey, please don't forget to share some details every now and then! I'm still some years away before I can start the process, so I will continue looking on in envy and learn from everyone else.
I was a member here for several years before we moved and I got sheep. I used that time to read past posts and study. Lots of information on the forums!

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score

Me too.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was a member here for several years before we moved and I got sheep. I used that time to read past posts and study. Lots of information on the forums!
Again, me too.

We are planning to move to the actual country (as opposed to 4 acres in the middle of suburbia) when my husband retires in 5 or so years. I’m told I am not allowed to add any new species. We’ll see.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Again, me too.

We are planning to move to the actual country (as opposed to 4 acres in the middle of suburbia) when my husband retires in 5 or so years. I’m told I am not allowed to add any new species. We’ll see.
Not allowed! Hahahaha!!!!! What makes him think you will ask? Hahahaha!!!