Devonviolet Acres

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Roll it up the hill then up the trailer ramp!
Of course I have no idea how far or steep that trip would be.
We considered that. But you are talking about rolling over 200 pounds of rough textured fencing wire, UP HILL about 200 feet over soft, uneven ground, with lots of holes and fire ant hills!!! Keep in mind, I am still recovering from foot surgery, and I was wearing a post-surgical walking boot this whole time. No, we vetoed that idea!!! :th:th

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
If I remember, those big rolls of Red Brand wire weigh in at 330 lbs. Good job on getting the rest of the things moved.
:ep WOW!!!! :ep Actually, I don’t think it was one of those big rolls. The 2x4 wire rolls, that we bought are 100 feet and weigh 220 lbs. I am pretty sure I couldn’t have lifted 330 pounds! :thI would think almost anyone would need a tractor to lift 330 lbs.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
That might be possible. But, we don’t have a key to Joe’s lawn. Tractor, and I don’t even know if it works, we don’t have a key and all four wheels are flat. So, that’s not happen’ng any time soon. We are just going to wait until Joey gets here and see what he can help us get done. We have enough fencing, for now, to get the garden fenced, so we can till it and start planting. That’s the important thing.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
:ep WOW!!!! :ep Actually, I don’t think it was one of those big rolls. The 2x4 wire rolls, that we bought are 100 feet and weigh 220 lbs. I am pretty sure I couldn’t have lifted 330 pounds! :thI would think almost anyone would need a tractor to lift 330 lbs.
Or 3 people. That is how I got one of those 330 pound rolls into my Prius.

Possible to pull it with the lawn mower?
Yep, stuck a pipe through the roll, rope through the pipe attached to the garden tractor and unrolled it down the future fence line.