Devonviolet Acres

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
By the way, we bought a 45 acre ranch north f Yantis, just 10 minutes south of Sulphur Springs. We'll be moving onto it in another 2 years and bringing our sheep flock with us. 2 ponds, nice 4/2 brick house, good barn. Good cattle fencing but we will be fencing with game fencing to keep the dogs in. Drawback is that it is right on Highway 154.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
By the way, we bought a 45 acre ranch north f Yantis, just 10 minutes south of Sulphur Springs. We'll be moving onto it in another 2 years and bringing our sheep flock with us. 2 ponds, nice 4/2 brick house, good barn. Good cattle fencing but we will be fencing with game fencing to keep the dogs in. Drawback is that it is right on Highway 154.
HUH!!! I know I responded to you, about you buying the ranch in Yantis. I don’t know what happened to it!

At any rate . . . That’s great that we are going to be neighbors! :celebrate I just wish it was sooner! But, we have to do everything in God’s timing. Right? :D I checked on Google Maps and we are 30 minutes from Yantis. That’s not bad, considering that @Baymule is 45 minutes from us!

Yeah, being right on Hwy 154 is a bummer. But, sometimes we have to take the good with the bad. Your place sounds amazing, though! :)

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was looking forward to us all being neighbors, but now Baymule is moving 1 hour south!!!

Better than a trek to So CA though! LOL

I am hoping that with certain fencing and where we put the workshop and carports that we won't worry too much about the busy road. We also plan to install dual glazed windows too. Planting shrubbery along the fence in front of the house will help with the noise too. And once we are there we might find something else later when we decide to retire from sheep. Maybe on a lake.

The biggest drawback though is that we will be far from our newest little grandchildren. They will only be 2 when we move. On the other hand, taking daily care of them is becoming more exhausting as I get older. Today we have Robert. DH assured DDIL2 that "we" would love to take care of him today. DH had a dental appointment. He left at 11 am and just got home at 3:15. DS1 and I had him all day and he does not like me. He does like DS1 but that is small comfort. At 8 month he is very spoiled too. Used to being held all day by his other grandmother and aunts, only likes breast mil, and only eats a tiny bit every 3 hours! He also won't go to sleep unless laying n the bed along side you. :th Thank you DH. I love the baby but he is difficult and havg hm onky once un a while I can't train him. He is a big incentive to move to TX though! LOL

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was looking forward to us all being neighbors, but now Baymule is moving 1 hour south!!!

Better than a trek to So CA though! LOL

I am hoping that with certain fencing and where we put the workshop and carports that we won't worry too much about the busy road. We also plan to install dual glazed windows too. Planting shrubbery along the fence in front of the house will help with the noise too. And once we are there we might find something else later when we decide to retire from sheep. Maybe on a lake.

The biggest drawback though is that we will be far from our newest little grandchildren. They will only be 2 when we move. On the other hand, taking daily care of them is becoming more exhausting as I get older. Today we have Robert. DH assured DDIL2 that "we" would love to take care of him today. DH had a dental appointment. He left at 11 am and just got home at 3:15. DS1 and I had him all day and he does not like me. He does like DS1 but that is small comfort. At 8 month he is very spoiled too. Used to being held all day by his other grandmother and aunts, only likes breast mil, and only eats a tiny bit every 3 hours! He also won't go to sleep unless laying n the bed along side you. :th Thank you DH. I love the baby but he is difficult and havg hm onky once un a while I can't train him. He is a big incentive to move to TX though! LOL
I hear you about being so far from the grandchildren. My son and his family are in NC, and we never get to see them. Something about our DIL not wanting to come to TX. :idunno It’s been four years since I’ve seen the my grandson (20) and granddaughter (16), and as much as I have tried, I don’t feel close to them. :confused: I don’t feel welcome there, so I can’t go visit them. My daughter lives in Dallas (2 hours away), and we get to see them for birthdays and holidays. My grandson is 17 and we get along really well. He is really smart (genius level) and is hoping to go to Baylor, to study engineering, after he graduates HS next year. :love

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are hoping that at least one of our sons will make the move to TX. DS3 and DDIL1 both want to come but he can make so much more in CA. However, this Covid thing is really got them upset. DS2 and DDIL2 might come out if DS3 relocates. Her family live close to us now though and she might not want to move so far from them, although 3 or 4 of her siblings have moved to other states. DD2 and Doofus would be willing to move too but they might have a problem due to his first child and the baby mama. They prevented her from moving out of state with the 4 year old, and she will probably try to stop them too. DS1 is not married and will come with us. He will help with the sheep ranch and get a job. DD1 and her family will not move. DSIL1 could transfer to Austin but didn't like Austin when he was there before they married. We can travel back to see the grandchildren while DS1 stays at the ranch - that is what we do now when we travel to TX. The main problem would be all of us getting together at the same time. :( Life is what it is.

Latest posts