Deworming rabbits?

MkMom13

Just born
Reaction score
I’m unsure what I’m deworming for and what to use. I haven’t dewormed my rabbits Since last year and I cannot remember what I was using (my book is gone after I moved) but I have rabbits that are losing weight (they’re isolated) but they’re all eating the same diet but some just are fine, some aren’t gaining much and some seem to be gaining none. So I figured I’d deworm just to be safe. I have two does that are emaciated but they have fresh water, food and hay at all times and I’m mixing in manna pro with them but they just lounge a lot, hop around some and don’t gain weight. What do y’all use as a general deworming for rabbits?

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I’m unsure what I’m deworming for and what to use. I haven’t dewormed my rabbits Since last year and I cannot remember what I was using (my book is gone after I moved) but I have rabbits that are losing weight (they’re isolated) but they’re all eating the same diet but some just are fine, some aren’t gaining much and some seem to be gaining none. So I figured I’d deworm just to be safe. I have two does that are emaciated but they have fresh water, food and hay at all times and I’m mixing in manna pro with them but they just lounge a lot, hop around some and don’t gain weight. What do y’all use as a general deworming for rabbits?
I've never had this problem but remembered reading this list. They recommend grapefruit seed extract, garlic, raw pumpkin seeds. The extract can be bought online and Google shows Walmart has several offerings.
It's a long list but has lots of info.

MkMom13

Just born
Reaction score
I've never had this problem but remembered reading this list. They recommend grapefruit seed extract, garlic, raw pumpkin seeds. The extract can be bought online and Google shows Walmart has several offerings.
It's a long list but has lots of info.
Thank you!

Tiny Tails Rabbitry 101

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I know I am a bit late but ivermectin horse paste is what I use. Give about a small pea sized amount per 4lbs. Hope this helps someone!