Disappeared newborn Nigerian Dwarf?

Kelm

Just born
Reaction score
So, for now until I can build a new pen, I put a piece of plywood between the hog panel and the hay wall. I'm still kicking myself for not seeing the problem before it happened.

Thank you all so much for your help!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, for now until I can build a new pen, I put a piece of plywood between the hog panel and the hay wall. I'm still kicking myself for not seeing the problem before it happened.

Thank you all so much for your help!
Really... hard to figure out all the places baby will kill thenselves... until they do.

:hugs

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had twin lambs get stuck behind a hay bale and I lost them both. A trip to the vet, I did all I could, they died in my arms. A few days later I had to put the ewe down, she had a ruptured pre-pubic tendon. I did a lot of bawling my eyes out. I know the bitterness of losing babies due to my own mistake. I can guarantee you this, you will never let this happen again. You may lose future babies but never again from this.

I am sorry for the loss of this little one. I know you are heartsick, but he will be honored in the future by those that live, because of his loss.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry about this. It has happened to us all in one form or another - some with happy outcomes others like yours. Like Baymule said it won't happen again from the same cause.

Latest posts