Doe acting bucky

dhansen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My doe, who is due any day now, is acting all bucky. She is sniffing the others' pee, curling up her lip, trying to jump on the other does, etc. Anyone else have this issue or at least seen this? This is new to me.

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yep, normal around here, especially with a couple of does. You can count on them to get in the "mood."

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I was laughing at Jinx the other day, because in between contractions she'd stick her head in Penny's urine stream and curl her lip.

I told her she could act like a buck all she wanted, she still had to have that baby, she wasn't fooling me....

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've got a 'bucky' pregnant first-timer. She mounts all the other goats and paws at them flapping her tongue the way a buck does. She makes our buck nervous when she does it to him lol! I wonder if she's carrying a boy and it's hormonal...my mom says that her voice got deeper while she was pregnant with my brother. We'll see, I guess.

chandasue

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I thought this was funny when I read it earlier... But now just today MY prego girl was curling her lip after sniffing the other's behind, peeing on top of where the other one had just peed and bossing her around! They're crazy! :lol: