Drstratton - My Backyard Journey Journal

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Miss @drstratton,

Just found your journal and am now following along. Regarding your plumbing issue, I can certainly identify with that, as I had to repair our water lines going to our house and shop. It made for an interesting couple of days.

Senile Texas Aggie
I'm glad you found me...Thank you for joining! Yeah, there can be a lot of back breaking work when you have water line issues! My husband told me that it probably broke because of a water hammer issue...next time I will make sure there is a valve open when I turn a main back on! I'm glad that you got yours fixed!

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The nesting box is all buttoned up! We still need to add nest dividers and we need to put in the new roosting bars! That will come a little later! Next we will add a heat lamp to start warming up the coop and then we will move the chicks out there later today! Home Depot wasn't able to color match my red paint, so it doesn't quite match...oh well...I'll just have to get over it...lol!

Nesting Box Buttoned Up 4.5.2020.jpg

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Moving Day! Our older chicks are moving to the big house and our little's are moving to the crib! Everyone will be so much happier in their new homes! It's been a lot of work and I'm so happy with the end product!

In the big house, but not to sure!
In the big house, but not to sure! 4.5.2020.jpg

Hi there...this is pretty cool...lol...love this pic!
In the big house! 4.5.2020.jpg

We think we're gonna like this!
<iframe width="1663" height="717" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maran's in the Brooder...what's on the wall...lol!
<iframe width="1663" height="717" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm here! It's kidding season and I've had three births in the last 24 hours. Keeps me hopping for sure.

Really like what you've done with the coops. The outside nest boxes are really nice!
Busy time of the year...I was just a little concerned with everything that's going on in our world right now! So glad that you're doing well! Thank you! 💞

Last edited: