Drstratton - My Backyard Journey Journal

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You are very dedicated and I admire that. I cannot get over how big they are getting already, and they have fur already too. I am guessing that the other doe didn't have any????
Hi Jan...thank you!💞 It's amazing how fast they're growing. She didn't, I'm not surprised, I really didn't think she was pregnant. I will try to breed her one more time & if she doesn't kindle, I will have to cull her, so hopefully she will be more receptive and we will get a litter out of her!

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We had to be gone for the last several days and I tried to get the smaller kits to fill up on formula before we left, they didn't take it very well for me or my son, who was taking care of them and Daphne just wasn't producing enough, so sadly we are down to 9 remaining, but I can honestly say that those 9 look to be very well fed! I didn't want to leave, but it was important that we go! I don't have any plans to be gone for the next 2 weeks, so hopefully I can keep a closer watch on the remaining babies! I will be purchasing a water bottle that I can put formula in, to supplement! A few have their eyes open, but not all! I will get some pictures taken and share when I get a chance!

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well 13 was a ridiculously large number for her to have to begin with so it is her fault for not planning better ;) You certainly did everything you could to save them all and may not have been able to even if you were home.
Lol...I totally agree, she didn't need to be such an over achiever! That's been my thought too Bruce, life goes on and you can only do so much! Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Last edited:

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here's a quick video and a picture of the kits! Daphne was watching closely to make sure I didn't do anything to her babies...she's been a good mama! I'm going to try and get some individual pictures tomorrow, they're so cute!

9.18.2020 Daphne's Kits at 11 days some eye's open.jpg