Duck Chat withdrawal ....

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Goodmorning! Today the vet is coming!!!!!! Yay! I'm excited to meet her in person. (My friend is not a livestock vet, just pets, so she said to get this lady out for Rose). And found a possible new riding partner who is also a vet! So I will be surrounded by medically inclined animal lovers!:weee

I've never been so excited about a dr visit.:ep
I thought you had Rose Vet checked before you bought her?.
That's good you have a livestock Vet now..:frow

Soon2Be

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello...I'm here Peeps..:frow

When you have Birds the Fox figure it out very quickly..:barnie
My husband says they have been going back and forth from one woods to the other for years. He thinks because I have a pile of shavings out composting that is what is attracting them. I told him, they can smell the birds.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
My husband says they have been going back and forth from one woods to the other for years. He thinks because I have a pile of shavings out composting that is what is attracting them. I told him, they can smell the birds.
Yes...They are predators and can smell the Birds. I hate Fox. Had a Coyote behind my Coop the other morning and my Birds were going bananas..All I saw was the back end of it running trough the tall grass and up into my pasture. Finn was terrified. Bindi only came running when I called her..:th

Soon2Be

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes...They are predators and can smell the Birds. I hate Fox. Had a Coyote behind my Coop the other morning and my Birds were going bananas..All I saw was the back end of it running trough the tall grass and up into my pasture. Finn was terrified. Bindi only came running when I called her..:th
I am thinking this is why Jellybean has been doing an alarm cackle lately.

Brahma Chicken 5000

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The eggs and Charlotte. I’m starting to think that she may be part American Game because she is so aggressive. She tried fight one of the Ameraucana pullets through the hardware clothe. :\
FE6A6D3D-DA72-491B-825A-02DD28735EB4.jpeg
9D12EE02-E569-4C66-A2C3-32DCB7718FF1.jpeg

Latest posts