Duck Chat withdrawal ....

Miss Lydia

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey Ducks are COOL, and yes I'd remove all adults from the pen before ducklings hatch better to be safe than sorry. Adults can be unpredictable with ducklings if not their own.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey Ducks are COOL, and yes I'd remove all adults from the pen before ducklings hatch better to be safe than sorry. Adults can be unpredictable with ducklings if not their own.

Thanks so much....I will do that ASAP...:bow....I sure miss everyone....:(....Thanks so much...

DwayneNLiz

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:pop......?.....:th

I have a question.....Do I need to remove DW my Drake and Petunia my other Duck Hen out of the pen before the Ducklings hatch?....Daisy is due on or around Mothers Day.....:barnie
Daisy *should* keep an eye on her babies BUT there is always that chance that the others could still try to interfere and harm them
you could just keep any eye on them or pen her off from the rest, i wouldnt try to move her though

Good luck!! Cant wait to see broody and babies!

DwayneNLiz

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My other Hen is now and I hope not brooding in the same nest....Good thing is the eggs are white and then green from the other Hen.....Holy Cow Bells.....:th
I will remove the Drake and Hen and leave Daisy to do here thing...I can always collect the green eggs and incubate once Daisy is done?...I really want to go home!!:barnie
lol, yes of course you can incubate them!! MUST SET ALL EGGS!!! :gig

when are daisy's eggs due?