Duck Nest in the Pig Shed

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes pigs will eat and actually love eggs......as well as poultry. Definately would seperate them.

Pigs actually have pretty good eye sight, they an see about 1/2mile vs humans who can see about 3 miles. More likely she just wants to be sure what it is before she eats it. My pet pig does it with everything i ever give him and he sees perfectly well.

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes pigs will eat and actually love eggs......as well as poultry. Definately would seperate them.

Pigs actually have pretty good eye sight, they an see about 1/2mile vs humans who can see about 3 miles. More likely she just wants to be sure what it is before she eats it. My pet pig does it with everything i ever give him and he sees perfectly well.
That's actually pretty smart. Smarter than the dogs, who will snatch any food we toss at them and swallow it down without a thought! :lol:

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don’t keep them with poultry, it isn’t worth the heartbreak. Maybe kunes are different but my hogs have had several occassions where some hens wandered into the pen but they never made it out. Pigs are weird in the sense that everything can seem fine until one day you realize a few birds are missing. Plus they are going to eat the eggs.

Genipher

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Don’t keep them with poultry, it isn’t worth the heartbreak. Maybe kunes are different but my hogs have had several occassions where some hens wandered into the pen but they never made it out. Pigs are weird in the sense that everything can seem fine until one day you realize a few birds are missing. Plus they are going to eat the eggs.
We have plans to pen up the pigs in a section of the yard. Hopefully, soon!