Due the 8th! C'mon Yoko!

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ya'll might've seen this if you're on BYC. But I figured I'd cross post.

My doe, Sunnybrook Yoko, is due to pop on the 8th. That is her day 145! I am certain of her due date, because she only spent one day with my buck George. I am such an anxious new mother! I bought a wireless security camera with a range extender antenna so I could spy on her. But it didn't work! So I am running out to check her instead. The camera was supposed to have a 200m range with the default antenna. And it works great in and near the house! Except...the 200 feet to the tractor shed, where the kidding stall is, is apparently too far...

These pictures were taken yesterday. As of this evening, she's changed her behavior towards food. She mostly pushed around her evening grain, only taking a few nibbles. Even trying to tempt her with calf manna (which she normally eats as fast as she can!) was mostly ignored. She did fill up on hay earlier in the day, at least.

I'm not certain on her tail ligaments. I honestly can't feel them. But I don't know if I am feeling for them correctly. Next check (right after I finish this post), I'll try and feel them on my wether. If I feel them, at least I'll know I am doing it right.

On the milk stand after getting trim around her lady parts and udder.
PregYoko006_zpsf065d082.jpg

Her udder is a little more plump than yesterday, but not shiny and tight.
PregYoko001_zpsca2b708f.jpg

As of last check, she is still kind of pear shaped
PregYoko009_zps38593ad9.jpg

Georgie keeps trying to say hello. He is a bit too short to peek over the stall walls to see her, though!
PregYoko011_zpsafe2775b.jpg

Artie is tall enough! And yea, he is due for a hoof trim.
PregYoko016_zps258bd2d7.jpg

She wanted me to stop taking pictures and pet her!
PregYoko017_zps62616095.jpg

Getting tired of me ogling at her bum!
PregYoko024_zps71672fc6.jpg

Itch!
PregYoko028_zps46df0a55.jpg

Yesterday, I saw her do a flehmen response. I've never seen her do that before. She urinated, smelled it, then curled her lip up! The boys do it all the time, but seeing her do it was odd!
PregYoko029_zps73d64f24.jpg

Camera flash - do not like!
PregYoko031_zps6386243b.jpg

Deciding to fog up the lens. Now I couldn't take anymore pictures!
PregYoko030_zps5bc34845.jpg

Egg_Newton

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She's so purdy!!! My girl isn't due until the end of May and I'm getting very impatient even though I might as well suck it up I still have a loooong way to go. Nice hair cut too!

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She is a pretty goat! Your quotes for the pictures are great. Your goats seem to have a lot of personality and I can tell you like spending time with them. Good luck on the kidding. Will be waiting for more pictures of those babies when they get here. :pop

rebelINny

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good luck! Crossing my fingers for a healthy kid/kids. I have three does due on and around the 8th so I share your excitement!

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks, all! She is a real sweetheart and I really love her. Yoko actually seems to be adoring all the extra attention coming her way with her being so close to kidding!

This morning I couldn't feed her a banana fast enough, and then she went to eat hay. So last night was not the night. I wonder if she'll go on tonight, on the 8th, or after her due date. It is such a waiting game!

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Day 146! Maybe she is waiting for the storm system that is moving in this afternoon and tonight. My lack of sleep is starting to show :caf