East Texas

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would think so, doesn't it take a day to drive from the NM/TX border to east Texas?

Pass on our good wishes when you next text. She should know we are following as she drives (but not back seat driving ;) )

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I received another text, from Tressa this morning, at 7:45. She said they were in Wichita Falls, TX, which was a little more than three hours from their new home. It is 11:35 here, so that means they should have arrived at their new home by now.

The truck should be delivered today, so the plan is to unload tomorrow.

:celebrate WoooHoooo! Let the fun begin!!! :weee

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any way you go, from NM/Tx border to NE Texas is an 8 hr drive--more, if she is coming in thru Tx panhandle.

Ooops--I didn't get all the updates read..

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Yup, I got a similar but more brief text from her. Also got a text from @Devonviolet She said she'll update, so one or the other of you will let me know I'm guessing?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
:celebrate

I bet they are going to be beat by the time everything is unloaded even with the help of all their BYH friends.

Pictures @Latestarter we LOVE pictures ;)

Reactions: TAH

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I met Devonviolet and her DH there at Tressa's place late this afternoon. Her and the two 16 year old boys had already started unloading. Between all of us we got all but the last ~3 feet of the 28' semi trailer emptied. At that point it was getting too dark to see inside the trailer and the uneven ground was hard to see as well, so we called it quits for the evening. Tressa said her and the boys could handle the rest tomorrow OK. They have the beds out and in the respective bedrooms, so at least they all have their beds to sleep on tonight, always a plus. I didn't bring my camera... it all happened so fast that I didn't even think about it. But I'd guess Tressa will post pics if/when she's ready :D =D It is/was her move after all and it's her new home.

Like myself and a few others, she has a LOT of infrastructure to put in... fencing, a coop, out buildings, the works.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, it's official! Tressa is now a bonafide resident of Texas! :weee:celebrate

This afternoon, about 3:00, I got a text that they had arrived and the boys were unloading the truck. She said that @Latestarter was on his way. So, we headed out, to help as well.

It was so exciting to finally be able to meet Tressa, her kids & dogs. Oh and she has 2 beautiful birds, a Macaw and I think the other bird is a gray parrot.

Sorry, no photos. I left my phone in the truck, and we were kinda busy. . . so I forgot.

I got to see the animal transport cage, that @Latestarter built, for the bed of his truck. It looks great & will work great to bring my two girls home.

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Well, you know Jan, if it comes to the point where you've had enough of doing milk test, chasing heifers/cows & bulls around, and snow/sleet/ice, and all that sorta thing, there's still some nice affordable places down here with some land attached. We'll be more than happy to help you get moved in and comfortable too. ;)

Latest posts