Farmerjan's journal - Weather

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone. This will be short again as the amount of strength I have is little and none.

Been a couple days to just decompress; and feel like I got run over by a truck that backed up to see if they had run over something and then ran over it again.
Start back with my PT guy tomorrow Tuesday. Had to get a ride set up. He asked in a text if I was at least doing the exercises they sent me home with and I said I was doing what I was trying to do from the pre surgery book because I had gotten no list or anything to come home with to do. I am doing some of the stretching with the band to work on the hamstrings, like we were doing in the little bit of rehab, and got out the cycle thing to try to do a little of that but it is hard to push to do something that hurts so much. I can do some shorter stretches so am doing it more often. Knees start to swell so much too so spending alot of time with them up, with the ice packs.
Weather here is nice, sunny and 60's during the day. DS stopped twice yesterday and they got some of the cow calf pairs moved after he had worked several days on fences. He got the dvd hooked to the TV so I did watch a movie yesterday and then had enough.
Nope @Mike CHS no worries about doing too much. It is beyond me right at this point.
Trying to drink enough water as the leg cramps/spasms are rough too. Using a product @Baymule suggested, there...something... a foam that you rub in that is magnesium (mineral) and it is helping quite a bit to calm the spasms... Thank you so much.
Made myself some soup for supper last night. Oatmeal this morning and a hamburger for lunch today. Drinking protein energy drinks as well as real milk and a couple bottles of water a day. Making sure I am eating before the pain pills when I am going to do some of the cycling so I can bear it.

This makes my ankle replacement look like a walk in the park on a pretty spring day. I expected as much pain as I had from the knees before the surgery, in a different way. And I hurt quite a bit, before. This is not what I was expecting, or even had myself psyched up for..... We'll see how tomorrow goes with PT and then go from there.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
At least at PT you will finally get some real therapy. And like you said, you have had some time to heal up a little before using those knees in therapy. About all that rehab did for you was to dawdle along when you rang for help and finally show up dang nigh an hour later and serve you icky food my dogs would hike a leg and pee on. A whole lot of thanks for nothing.

I’m glad the Theraworx is helping with the leg cramps. Hang in there, you are home now, it can only get better from here.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
*HUGS OFFERED*
It sucks that the physical therapy and care was non-existent at the rehab facility. All they did was make you more miserable.

If you have the strength to spare, a complaint to your insurance to deny billing for non-provided services is in order. Depending on how your insurance works it may save you some money as bills settle.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, home from pt and we stopped at Wendy's and I got a salad "meal".... baked potato instead of the ff..... so I didn't have to stand/cook this evening. PT was interesting. I have more flex than most get after weeks of PT he said... as much as is considered fully usable. 110 on each side. Left leg will go about straight... right leg he said is much better than before... and it was the "worse one" . So I guess the problems are "ME" and expecting too much too soon from myself..... and the fact that the ankle was just a piece of cake in comparison.... and of course I have more from that than they expected.

He pushed me with the bending and getting up and down and I am really really hurting tonight. Said tomorrow will be worse but I have to keep getting up and down and using them.
He also said that I should not keep wearing the compression stockings as they are actually cutting the circulation off below the knee and are probably causing some of the pain. Said that if I am getting up and down to go to bathroom and walking around inside the house then I am getting enough movement and the ankle pumps and all I am doing are keeping the blood flowing good. Also, the spasms and the muscle cramps are probably worse due to the compression stockings.... I am not at a position where I am an "at risk" person by being sedentary and having blood problems to start with. Add to that he said that the different pain pills can cause all sorts of reactions..... like the different itching and all too.....:barnie:barnie:th:th:hit:hit:he. And after being allergic to some of the adhesive tape they used, he said I can also have some allergic reactions to these stockings.....

No wonder I feel like I am going nuts.