Farmerjan's journal - Weather

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Except for setting up farms, sounds like me! 🙂

I was thinking about the fence and your offer to pick up and bring to chicken swap. Suddenly, I thought just  how would we ever move it to my truck.. :he :th...that stuff weighs several hundred pounds! 😵‍💫. Can't happen but, thanks!! Nope. We two are not able to do that :old

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses ... DS wants to bring some chickens to sell..... some of his father's is what he said and he has some that need to be gone as he does not do anything with them as far as show... SOOOOO... will know closer to time.. but if he comes he can help slide them from one truck to another.... so food for thought.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Suddenly, I thought just  how would we ever move it to my truck.. :he :th...that stuff weighs several hundred pounds! 😵‍💫. Can't happen but, thanks!! Nope. We two are not able to do that :old
If you have a sturdy tree near by, run a 2x4 down center of coil. Then Y rope to both sides of 2x4 over tree branch to car or lawnmower to pull. Then back truck under suspended bundle. To transfer truck to truck use that same rope thru front of bed tie down loops to pull it onto other truck.

Know physics, will redneck. :lol:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses has her tractor and all that at home... so unloading can be accomplished there...she rolled out and put up several rolls by herself with her tractor so that is not the problem... at the poultry swap there are no trees etc to use as there is wall to wall cars for parking and most everything is out in the open. We could possibly back truck to truck and maybe wrestle it ourselves but that might be difficult to achieve there... so that was the potential big problem... don't even know if her tail gate would be same height as ours...

Just something to think about....

Went to the bank to deposit money from DS to my account as he did not have a check with him to pay for the bought cattle, and I had a check... but no where near the $40,000+ to write a check for.. :th :ep. he is taking it out of the farm line of credit he has for expenses like these... but he didn't think to take a check with him as the plan was to sell, not to buy.... he will put some/most of it back on the line of credit when he sells these heifers now on Friday.
Went by Co-op and they do not have the onion plants in yet. Picked up vaccines, tetanus and stuff for the farm to use on these cattle this week....and I see they even had some penicillin in the fridge.... and for the calves of ours being born that will need to get worked when we get them ready to move to pasture...better to have it in the fridge at the barn, ready, than to need it.. but really, dropping another $500+ in that stop....

Came in and made an egg salad sandwich and going to put the plants out that I hadn't gotten to yet. Then think I will go to the barn and work on the fence post pile.... :th

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
See the situation with OPEC cutting production and oil going up over $10 a barrel.... AND they are "cutting" some of the ties to the US dollar...
This downfall is coming and maybe sooner than was expected...
It is very concerning...
Brazil opting to start some trading with the Chinese Yuan as the base currency; not the dollar.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guess I'll be filling everything I have tomorrow 🥴🤬

Filled tractor today...now can get a couple cans of diesel, too. Will mow tomorrow!!! All day......👍 Refill again. Gas back up again/more, no one wants that! Prices of everything is bad!!!

And yes, that's how I move a roll of fence at home -- board thru, rope both ends and lift with FEL on tractor. 😁

Last edited: