Farming on 1 acre or less - Hints, Ideas, Failures, Post it all

manybirds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
its possible! a few dairy and meat goats some ducks turkeys chickens rabbits geese and quail a small garden maybe a lamb or two each year 2 little bee hives. out of just this u can make, natural goats milk soap (i just started making it and i'm never going back and it can be sold for really good money!), wool from sheep, milk from goats cheese and yogurt from goats, goat meat, wool (if you can get angora rabbits) and meat from rabbits (if you just want meat i would recomend satins rex's silver fox's and florida whites if u want wool giant and french angora's or pelts and meat satins and rex's). baking eggs,down, meat and the best pest control from ducks (good runner ducks will lay more eggs a year than chickens!), chickens for the objvious reasons, quail (i like this they will lay eggs all the time and u cna just pop the eggs in the incubater as they come these little birds take just a couple weeks to reach butchering age and are easy to butcher i would get jumbo whites for meat), geese make really good meat and fat and are extremely intelligent good lawn mowers and if properly penned (hog pannels work best) are NOT the trouble people say they are. turkeys for meat and eggs, bee's are very easy to keep if u find the right people to buy from there cheep to start and fun and make a good small income. lambs for meat. u can do it