FergusonK's journal - Goodbye Java Jewel.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
:(
He had a good and long life with you Kate and you :love on him a bunch. I know that doesn't make it any easier :hugs

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry Kate....he truly lived up to his name and was a Titan in giving ya so many good years....hold onto those special memories and moments....they'll get ya thru the tough times.....:hugs:hugs

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So sorry Kate. The tears will come back again at times... sometimes least expected. Heal up.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kate, I am so sorry about Titan. He has been your best friend, companion and #1 dog for 17 years. You have a lot of family history wrapped up with him. He has been there in the lowest parts of your life and the highest of the highs. I know you wonder how you will go on without him, but you will. Don't be surprised if another dog or puppy comes into your life when you least expect it and winds his heart around you. Then you will know Titan sent you a new friend to take care of you until you meet again.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kate, I am so sorry about Titan. He has been your best friend, companion and #1 dog for 17 years. You have a lot of family history wrapped up with him. He has been there in the lowest parts of your life and the highest of the highs. I know you wonder how you will go on without him, but you will. Don't be surprised if another dog or puppy comes into your life when you least expect it and winds his heart around you. Then you will know Titan sent you a new friend to take care of you until you meet again.
Couldn't have said it any better than this. Great post.

K, you have been in my thoughts & prayers. No words can take away the pain, but know we are here for you. :hugsTitan was an amazing dog! He was so lucky to have lived all those years with you. He was loyal to you, and you to him. Not many get to experience what you have experienced with Titan over the last 17 years. Wish I could reach through the screen and give you a big ol hug :hugs

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
We said we didnt want to have another dog to love and lose when it got old the way Roscoe did. We held out abt 3 weeks and got a 12 week old female Boston Terrier.
We referred to Roscoe with lots of nicknames, but Roscy or Rosc were prevalent. So, we named the female Roxy. The tongue gets tied sometimes and she gets called Rosc, but she has added her own love to the family without replacing Roscoe. She just helps make us laugh and took our mind off of some of the hurt. Obviously it is different for each situation and each person.

Here is a comparative look at both. He got up to 36lbs in his prime, and was solid muscle. We had papers on him, and he had coloration and was proportional to his breed, just big.
20160408_152256_1514742983992.jpg

She is muscular, but just 16 pounds at 9 mos.
20171207_104021.jpg

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Titan is irreplaceable but there are still plenty of cold nosed pups to keep me warm at night.

Including this tiny terrorist, Nyx. She’s in her chicken killing stage and some days I want to choke her but she’s a good dog.

C25C0E31-37D1-4CE4-8157-532ED091CC6D.jpeg
732CF937-8B94-45F8-929E-56691532B7D3.jpeg
F2712C01-FA63-42BA-A6BF-1306E70C5FA6.jpeg

Well I tried uploading pictures but they won’t load.

It’s going to be hard. The last two years or so has been a constant battle of “where’s the old man” and we were always looking for him because he had gotten bad about wandering off and getting lost. His vision and hearing failed him long ago but he still put his nose to the wind and followed us around.

I caught myself this morning reaching over to where he slept next to my bed to check on him. It hurt, and it will for a while, but I know he’s in a better place now.

This was our last picture together.

CC4585E0-4135-4235-9C8F-B051A880C129.jpeg

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry, kate!

No words but wow he was incredible.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
In his early years he went everywhere with me. If I was on a bike, a horse, on foot, or later when I learned to drive he was with me.

In his later years he preferred the comfort of the house. Some days he didn’t want to get up at all. Some days he was ready to go wherever I went. On his good days I would load him up and we would go everywhere he possibly could.

When he was about 14 or so he and I did a 16 mike trek. Took us several hours because he kept having to stop and rest. He did it because he loved doing it. That year we also took our last trip to the beach.

It’s funny you don’t realize the last time is the last time when it’s happening.

Our last Christmas together was spent with the entire family. Everyone was saying goodbye.

Our last days together many people drove to the house to say their last goodbye.

He touched many lives. Never met a stranger.