Finally some babies

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She was a big girl. He is half 3/4 her size. Actually he's same size as the other doe. 17 months kinda old to start. Southern States food 18 percent protein. Not the best maybe. I buy it because it doesn't sit like some at the tractor supply does. 30 miles south tsc does a big trade in all feed but my store not so much.
Today is starting a hot spell. Last week has been decent. Both does from same breeder,same age one that lived a little smaller. Big girl looked like any picture I've ever seen of an Am chin full body. I never weighed them but she's 10/ 11 lbs I'll guess. Live one maybe 8 or 9. She had the disposition I wanted to pass on. Super friendly. Now to find a spot out here without roots. After 57 years my yard is about a cemetery. There's something buried everywhere lizards, parakeets, 17 plus dogs, cat, pet rabbits. Plus the wild game.
Not how I wanted to start my morning.
I've bottles and ceramic tile day for sure.

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So sorry again. But maybe her sister had one just like her. Could have been anything and you wouldn't know. Like a bloot clot or some blood pressure issue. In my experience I don't think it's very common for a healthy doe to just pass during birth. But these things happen to all animals, sometimes you just don't know why. The other doe may get more friendly after kindling.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's 88 outside time to bring them in isn't it.
Other than grunting alot she has been calmer.
Gonna try to get hold of the original owner see what he might have available. Funny he says in his new craigslist adds " I do not raise nor will I sell these as pets" guess somebody got one and gave him a hard time.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
0607210853.jpg
All 6 alive and an wiggling.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Craigslist may have given him a hard time. It says only legal agricultural animal sales are okay. They wouldn't let me say champagne d'argent. I just had to list them as d argents.
I had never paid attention before. I just looked up pets except, for some birds it was mostly supplies. Crazy world.

Last edited:

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Here mostly rabbits are listed under Farm and garden. Pets you can't sell only "rehome". They are trying to make livestock and animals illegal. Hopefully people won't let that happen, but who knows as stupid as the masses are.
Cute little babies.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How are your kits doing?
They have started showing some color check again tomorrow but looks like 3 are mostly black and 3 are sandy. Worried about one, looked a little thinner. Stinker keeps crawling all the way to deep end. Had to search for it tonight. Lightning was flashing close,dog was with me and mom got real nosey so I was moving quick. The mom is on point. Hasn't been aggressive,real friendly but super interested in what I'm doing. Definitely hungry. Been giving the oats, boss, grass. Kits are really active.
May take out some of the hay to make the nest deeper. Their close to jumping out. Haven't found any wet spots in the nest. Thinking I might leave out the cardboard liner just leave hay and hair since its been so hot. Sorry for the long answer. I get all excited.

Last edited: