Finally some babies

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'll try again tomorrow. Wife numbered there ears with a black sharpie that didn't last.
Been on 6-2:30 shift last 2 weeks. Check and feed around 4:30 before I leave. They empty a 6 oz bowl,over 1/2 the J feeder and I haven't figured what they do with the hay cuz it's near empty and and the rack is moved somewhere else every morning. After I finish this I'm heading out and top all that off again. Do they have a spare pocket I don't know about?
The five of them eat more than the five full grown I have. I'm amazed everytime I go out, what next have they done.

LilTxFarmer

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'll try again tomorrow. Wife numbered there ears with a black sharpie that didn't last.
Been on 6-2:30 shift last 2 weeks. Check and feed around 4:30 before I leave. They empty a 6 oz bowl,over 1/2 the J feeder and I haven't figured what they do with the hay cuz it's near empty and and the rack is moved somewhere else every morning. After I finish this I'm heading out and top all that off again. Do they have a spare pocket I don't know about?
The five of them eat more than the five full grown I have. I'm amazed everytime I go out, what next have they done.
I know, right! Lol

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
0820211629_HDR.jpg
Here's a prime example of not knowing what you're doing.
The doe (mom) is chinchilla, gray, white around the eyes.
The buck (pops) is silver fox crossed with an agouti new zealand.
I figured I would get at least ONE that looked chinchilla.
The dark one was nearly black at first. He's lightened.
One at the top is Demon he was blueish gray head to tail. I don't know what to call him now.
The other three are agouti. The only things I see they got from the chin is eye rings and white under their tail. Pops has no eye rings. Picture I saw of his Mom she was chestnut agouti with not a spot of white anywhere. Maybe under her tail or belly.

Rabbit dogs and bobwhites were easier, less work.
One of the agouti colored is a biter. When its dark and I'm not paying enough attention. Hasn't broken skin but pinched hard enough to stop a kid from wanting it as a pet. Candidate for freezer camp cuz I won't sell it or give it as a pet if it keeps that up.
Still haven't sexed them yet 100% certain. I don't have enough hands. Wiggle to much, DW is scared she's going to hurt them holding to tight. I hold them for her to look.
She tries but she's not sure.
Well, least they can't fly and don't bark.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey Dad!!! Haha this is a really cool site! Thanks for telling me about it! How's the kits doing?
Lol! Hi son. Yeah, it's a great site. Like I said if you have any questions about sheep, goats, or just about any kind of animal, these folks on here will be more than glad to help you out. All 25 kits are doing fine! :celebrate
This is so cool! Family group! LOL

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, the biter needs to go to that fabulous bunny resort, freezer camp.
Should have done it when you wrote this.
Yesterday it decided to castrate the pretty darker male. Did a gnarly job of it and then decided he wanted my hand. I didn't get bit but he tried. Spun around,lunged and I felt the teeth. Been awhile since I cleaned a rabbit. Least they weren't full of birdshot.

Latest posts