Loving the herd life
Reaction score
E5678D5C-8B11-4350-9958-A4FBC5DC9B49.jpeg
7D104E5F-ACD5-45DA-A3B2-5985BC47D745.jpeg

nest box eviction day seems to be going well

Miss mouse

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Why are their ears flopping? All four kits have floppy ear tips. I don't remember their mom going through a stage like that. Is it something to be concerned about?
9F42915A-896F-4813-94C0-5AC5B755E442.jpeg

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey all I’m back!
And if you remember my babies from last summer (my profile pic) you’ll be excited to see the next generation has arrived.
Last year our momma rabbit did everything wrong and only had two kits, luckily her baby girl has some better instincts.
I had to help her figure out the nesting box but once she accepted it she did awesome at building her nest and she’s had 4 giant babies (no fur this time yay)
So my question is, with Flemish giants, are the kits normally this big when they’re born? And if she only had 4 this time (no losses yet) do we think she’ll have more in following litters or are the genetics just not there for bigger litters?View attachment 70826View attachment 70827
Cutie Cutie Babies!! I envy you, I always dream of having one, then yours are mating and breeding. you are so lucky.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why are their ears flopping? All four kits have floppy ear tips. I don't remember their mom going through a stage like that. Is it something to be concerned about?View attachment 71928
If it's just the tips, it's probably either heat or growing related. I have had that happen to two kits in different litters. It was in warmer months. It lasted a few days and then the ears went back to normal.

Miss mouse

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If it's just the tips, it's probably either heat or growing related. I have had that happen to two kits in different litters. It was in warmer months. It lasted a few days and then the ears went back to normal.
That’s the only thing I’ve read could be it but we’re still experiencing freezing at night here 😕

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s the only thing I’ve read could be it but we’re still experiencing freezing at night here 😕
Then it's probably growing related, like the ears aren't growing at same rate for top and bottom? The kits should go back to normal in a couple days. If it's been a week like that then I would start to worry. :hugs

Miss mouse

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Then it's probably growing related, like the ears aren't growing at same rate for top and bottom? The kits should go back to normal in a couple days. If it's been a week like that then I would start to worry. :hugs
It seems to eb and flow... Sometimes when I check them they look normal and the next time I look they're floppy