Forum needs to be tidied up.

RioLindoAz

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I joined this forum a while ago with high hopes that it would be a great community where questions can be asked then answered immediately. So far it has been... kinda. Too many sections are crammed with unnecessary topics, and also with too little topics. Not really enough for a smooth- forum/informational experience. I feel like the forum administrators did not do enough research to fulfill our needs and then left the forum stagnant and neglected.

Here's my idea of what the forum should look like. It's purpose is to help the Admins make their decision if they choose to tidy up a bit.

Main
BackYardHerds - News, Information & Feedback
BackYardHerds - Frequently Asked Questions

Goats
Breeding, AI, Kidding, Raising Young goats
Feeding and Pasture/Browse
Caprine Diseases and Parasites
Goat Breeds and Genetics
Goat housing
Dairy Goats
Market Goats
Handling/Training/Grooming Goats and Oxen

Sheep
Breeding, AI, Kidding, Raising Lambs
Feeding and Pasture - Dietary Management
Flock Shelter
Diseases and Parasites
Shearing Sheep
Sheep Breeds and Genetics
Grooming/Handling Sheep
Market Lamb
Dairy Sheep

Our Herds As Providers
Manure Management
Dairy Products and crafts
Fiber Products and crafts
Organic Husbandry
Recipes
Showing Your Herd
Predators and Pests
Your Livestock Business

Etc....

-Change "Cows" to "Cattle" :)
-Please do your research and see what topics would be more appropriate for a section.
-Please consider getting rid of a few sections leaving only a few. You guys know how a forum with this many sections can make someone's head spin. Leave the main ones.
-I just want to let everyone know that this isn't a protest. I just wanted to suggest some well needed ideas to the Mods and Admins. I really appreciate you guys for making this forum!

Thanks.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. We do forum organization and category reviews from time to time and always welcome feedback and ideas.

Latest posts