Garden tractor help?

Red the butcher

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Take the wire off the starter selenoid that has the fuse. Put your meter on it turn key and see if it has 12 volts.

Red the butcher

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Did you try bypassing all of the safety switches and then try to start like greybeard said?

Red the butcher

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Or hook a wire to your + side of battery and with the key in the on position touch it to the spot where the little wire attaches to the selenoid. This should make it start. Let me know if it does

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Or hook a wire to your + side of battery and with the key in the on position touch it to the spot where the little wire attaches to the selenoid. This should make it start. Let me know if it does

I believe AClark did that already when she said she said "I arced the solenoid and it fired right up on the new battery."
I assume that means she jumped from the Positive cable side of the solenoid to the start terminal on the solenoid.

It can be a chore sometimes to disable all the safeties and as we all know, it only takes one to prevent start. The manufacturers tend to put them in hard to access locations--intentionally?

Red the butcher

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I figured she just crossed the two big post to jump it. Thats what most do....

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Perhaps so. I hate doing that. Messes up the threads if not careful.

Red the butcher

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Sure does. Seen some pretty funny instances watching people do it too.