Gardening Thread 2021

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Kitchen stuff is so important... kitchen stuff results in yummy food.
Technically so does the garden stuff. :lol: But not interupting one for the other hopefully works. I may try to plant the elaphant ears today that have been growing in the closet, I should've yesterday before it became a mudhole. 1 set was made into 3 last fall and not sure where to plant the 2nd 2. I could have them side by side I suppose but I put other flowers beside the center 1 the last couple of years.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Technically so does the garden stuff. :lol: But not interupting one for the other hopefully works. I may try to plant the elaphant ears today that have been growing in the closet, I should've yesterday before it became a mudhole. 1 set was made into 3 last fall and not sure where to plant the 2nd 2. I could have them side by side I suppose but I put other flowers beside the center 1 the last couple of years.
Elephant ears... as in garlic? Or that huge inedible leafy thing warm climates can grow?

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That huge inedible leafy thing. 1 of Mine got to 5' last year. That is the one that got dug up and split into 3. It's not in the edible garden. I have them in the little flower garden in the front between the steps and the garage.
Elephant ears... as in garlic? Or that huge inedible leafy thing warm climates can grow?
They need a sunnier spot but it's the spot I have.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You can't that I know of. I just like the way they look. Grandma had some in front of her house when I was growing up.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
my not so dormant Elaphants out of the closet.
KIMG0120[1].JPG

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Granddaughters went home yesterday. :hit While they were here, I did manage to get some tomato seeds planted. I also watered the mustard and turnips, tiny little sprouts alongside of tiny little weed sprouts. The English peas are about 4" high and the onion sets are recovering from their ice/snow/-6 freezing temperatures. I need to kick it into high gear and get busy!