Goat advice

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Also, does anyone have any experience with Nigerian/Nubian and Nigerian/Saanen hybrids? Or know the butterfat content of either's milk?
I can't tell you the butter fat content but we do have a mini nubian in with our Nigerians and I just love the mini nubians size and her grace. We will be breeding her to our nigerian buck this fall and hoping for a doe or two :)

Caprine

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks. Does anyone know how much goats cost? Like the dollar amount for hay, grain, shots...

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cost is all dependent on your location and the availability of hay any given year. Grain prices etc. Vet prices fluctuate too so you will need to phone around.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks. Would a 32 by 32 foot area work for two goats? Or would they need more?
Definitely as a containment pen but hopefully you plan to let them out daily to explore and play. Mine are housed in an 10X10 dog run at night and the other two in a 8X12 shed with attached Run the same size. Although daily they get out weather permitting. Plus I have a huge yard built for them for daily use.

Caprine

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Guess that's settled then. What fencing would you recommend? I was looking at sixteen foot livestock panels...

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
You must mean 6 foot livestock panels? That should be high enough. My fence is really high because I have a Fainting Doe that can jump out of just about anything except for her 10 foot high goat yard.

Latest posts