Goat Down and Bloated Need Advice Please!!

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
thank you very much everyone. Where do I purchase these items? We have a tractor Supply and a few mom and pop feed stores. None of them have much on Goats.

I feel so much better hearing how fast yours went too... I mean.... I have been feeling bad for not paying more attention... cuz I really thought they were all fine. I always eyeball every critter and chicken before I take off. I had just left the house about 5 and I get home a bit after 9 and found her. Thanks for your support....

Where do I get the items I need?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Bedste said:
thank you very much everyone. Where do I purchase these items? We have a tractor Supply and a few mom and pop feed stores. None of them have much on Goats.

I feel so much better hearing how fast yours went too... I mean.... I have been feeling bad for not paying more attention... cuz I really thought they were all fine. I always eyeball every critter and chicken before I take off. I had just left the house about 5 and I get home a bit after 9 and found her. Thanks for your support....

Where do I get the items I need?
I would get what you can at TSC and then order the rest online. I like www.jefferslivestock.com but there are many others.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I find what I can locally, and I have really been happy with jefferslivestock. It is very important that you keep the C&D antitoxin cooled. There are different brands, but this is one that Jeffers carries.

A drenching or feeding syringe

syringes sold individually or in packs of 100

The Penn G,

kikicounihan

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
As a new goat owner, I have been following this post closely. I am so sorry to hear that you lost your goat....so sad.

I have been making a list of things that you have suggested to have on hand, which has been really really helpful. Thank you all for sharing your expertise. Just to clarify, the C and D antitoxin is different than the CDT vaccine correct and is used only for emergencies?

Thank you for your help and clarifying!

Carrie

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
kikicounihan said:
As a new goat owner, I have been following this post closely. I am so sorry to hear that you lost your goat....so sad.

I have been making a list of things that you have suggested to have on hand, which has been really really helpful. Thank you all for sharing your expertise. Just to clarify, the C and D antitoxin is different than the CDT vaccine correct and is used only for emergencies?

Thank you for your help and clarifying!

Carrie
Yes & I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that if you need to administer the antitoxin then you need to vaccinate again a couple of weeks later with the actual vaccine.

kikicounihan

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks! And what size syringe and needles should I have on hand? These are two small fainting goats.

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
needles...I like 18g-20g for my sheep
syringes...most meds just need a couple ccs so I have a bunch of 3cc syringes. Some meds need more so instead of using multiple 3cc syringes you can get 10cc, 30cc, etc syringes. So you can get a big box of 3ccs, but get smaller packs of 10cc just in case.

Latest posts