Goat potentially not bred?

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good morning, or evening homesteaders. I’ve got a doe who has kidded before with triplets. she is a PB Boer doe and should be kiddin around beginning of December. She has not yet bagged up, doesn’t look huge, stood for my ND buck and humped her daughter. could it be hormones from her pregnancy? she didn’t go back into heat from when she got bred until 4ish days ago. Is it possible she had a false pregnancy, aborted, or pregnancy hormones?

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes, yes, and yes. ;)
Any of those. Time to pull some blood and preg check. Or if you want late kids, breed her just in case.
I don’t really mind late kids since i won’t be showin any in the market class…I’ve been told. or to blood test bc it won’t clearly state that they are bred just will say that might have pregnancy hormones in them. And ultrasound is way to expensive over here….

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you don't care about late kids, just expose her to a buck now. Kids will be born in late March or in April depending on when she accepts the buck.

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If you don't care about late kids, just expose her to a buck now. Kids will be born in late March or in April depending on when she accepts the buck.
could i wait until her due date to see if she kids? just not CD&T her and grain her incase she isn’t pregnant…and then rebred is she hasn’t kidded?

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
It just sets any new kidding off longer. Depending on whether or not she and the buck are seasonal breeders you are getting close to the end of the annual breeding season. If you put her with the buck now, he will not injure her if she is pregnant since she will not cycle, and he will not breed her. If you wait until December and she does not take on the first breeding, you have wasted over a month to get her bred. If she is no longer cycling or has some problem with breeding and settling, you need to know asap.

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It just sets any new kidding off longer. Depending on whether or not she and the buck are seasonal breeders you are getting close to the end of the annual breeding season. If you put her with the buck now, he will not injure her if she is pregnant since she will not cycle, and he will not breed her. If you wait until December and she does not take on the first breeding, you have wasted over a month to get her bred. If she is no longer cycling or has some problem with breeding and settling, you need to know asap.
well breeding season for us for the Boer goats are May-August and kidding October-January. I might wait to see if she kids and if not then rebreed her in May

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
IMG_9930.jpeg
IMG_9933.jpeg
IMG_9936.jpeg
current pics of her

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
well breeding season for us for the Boer goats are May-August and kidding October-January. I might wait to see if she kids and if not then rebreed her in May
Or breed now for March-April kids and rebreed in August-September. If she is open, she will breed, if already bred no harm-no foul.