Goat Whisperer's & SBC's kidding thread: kidding storm

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is one of my very very very favorites this year. I love this doe.
She is a recorded grade. She is out of Tiffany and Black Tie Affair.

She is my lil baby girl, acts like a puppy. She is so super laid back and loving it is just too much!

This whole line is super special to me, later I can go into more.
Wings & Caprines Choc Mousse Rec Grade  2.28.2018 (3) - Copy.JPG

Wings & Caprines Choc Mousse Rec Grade  2.28.2018 (2) - Copy.JPG

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you all.
Without going into detail I was given an incredible compliment about the above doeling. Still kind of blown away about it. :)

On to other things...

So, I woke up the other morning and was just discouraged. We have had more rain than anyone can imagine. Severe thunderstorms every day and night for weeks.
Mud.
Grass 2 ft high
Can't unload hay because the van will sink
Can't clean buildings because can't keep the animals out long enough before another storm comes

But as I was thinking the Lord brought to mind to be THANKFUL!
Thankful that ...

we aren't flooded and having our home washed away
we have power
food
animals ok
and the land isn't on FIRE!

I realized I may be inconvenienced but be grateful. It humbled me.
I started thinking about all the homes lost, all the baby pictures gone, all the special things parents keep, the memories... the lives devastated.
Later that day it stormed again.
I had a different perspective.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
She sure is Superb!!!.....tho we are not experiencing anything like it now we have had periods like that too, sure hope it comes to an end so y'all can dry out....it really makes things miserable to endure it. I heard in the news that there is a dam that is being watched for bursting....hope ya aren't in that line of fire.....praying for all involved there.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was scrubbing walls and baseboards in the Living room so I had the camera on the shelf... my website hasn't really been overhauled in 2 years so we have been trying to get pics but never any time. We made an attempt...

I worked in the Living room and two people would run a goat up... I'd then run out the door and snap away.... then back in til the next one.
Surprisingly we actually got some good pics! :lol:

Oh, and I was drinking coffee and answer phone calls all at the same time. Talk about multi tasking! ;):p

This is Ruby's doeling - she had trips 2 does, 1 buck. 1 doe didn't make it.

Black Jade-
Could you all please pick #1 or #2 to update website with
Wings & Caprines Black Jade 5 months (2).JPG

Wings & Caprines Black Jade 5 months (3).JPG

Wings & Caprines Black Jade (2).JPG

Wings & Caprines Black Jade.JPG

this is her being a silly goat- I love Jade!
IMG_5983.JPG

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I love that turned head too @CntryBoy777 but the others are right... pic #2 shows her elegant neck.

So, as I try to update I have some other pics...

This one was not planned as you can see the clothes GW was wearing. We were sending pics to someone who is buying a bred doe so we offered her selection of bucks to choose from.
I love this boy!!! It was kind of neat because I had posted a pic elsewhere and ended getting quite a few messages... seems everyone wants to know his pedigree.
BTW GW was all for keeping him... no disagreement there.:D
George is very powerful and I know you can't see in the pics but he has substance! I love him!

here he is at 3 months-
Wings & Caprines BTAZ George  (2) - Copy.JPG

And now at 5.5 months you can really see how wide he stands.
Wings & Caprines BTAZ George 5.5 months (1).JPG

Wings & Caprines BTAZ George 5.5 months (2).JPG

his baby beard is starting... so cute!
Wings & Caprines BTAZ George 5.5 months (6).JPG

Oh and for the mini lovers out there... This is Jane's kid - the cat loves to watch when we take pics... she is so cute. She photo bombed this one. LOL she is 4 months
Her first time on a lead... I think she did pretty good all things considered. @Wehner Homestead thought you might enjoy this one.
Wings & Caprines Sass (1).JPG

Wings & Caprines Sass (2).JPG

Jane's udder :)
full -in the first pic
second pic was after she got real sick on the bad hay and she was losing weight, production dropped... still good here but she got so skinny. We have now gone to OAD milking- I don't care about the star etc... she just needs to dry off gain weight so I can breed her in the best health.
Wings & Caprines Jane Eyre 2YO (2).JPG
Wings & Caprines Jane Eyre  (2).JPG