Goatgurl - life goes on at someday farm

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Welcome back GG for however short the time is that you'll be connected. Looking forward to meeting you this coming week. I still plan on coming on Thursday as I have that doc appt on Wednesday. So you'll have back to back days with company from TX. :D

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
thanks @CntryBoy777. sister is doing better. being diabetic isn't easy and being a noncompliant diabetic can kill you if you aren't careful. @OneFineAcre congrats on the quads, they are really cute but I am so glad you get to deal with all those litters of goats, would have me stressed out totally. give me a bouncy set of twins and i'm a happy camper.
forgot to tell you about the bobcat in my back yard a three or so weeks ago. little emma was laying on the back of the couch going grrr, grrr and trying to tell me we had a problem. as I looked out the door he walked straight across the frozen pond toward my back door. my guess is he was duck hunting as I've had a couple of drakes go missing. next morning emma starts grrring again and I think oh great its coming back but nope was 6 wild turkeys marching across the pond. regular wild kingdom around here. @Devonviolet I bet the blackberrys will come back better after the fire. so glad it wasn't close to you.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Life sure can Ruby give a person fits Ruby! God is good for watching over you and your animals, especially Ruby, during the fire. Some folks Ruby are just unconscious. Ruby.

So, how's Ruby doing? :)

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
well ladies and gentleman, boys and girls guess who finally has a new computer??? yup, this girl!!!! oh my youall are gonna get so tired of me being around again.
I so enjoyed getting to meet @Devonviolet, her dh and @Latestarter last week. I enjoyed both visits so much. yes, devonviolet talks as much as I do so we had a great time running our mouths and sharing war stories of our lives. and latestarter is as ornery as you think he is, such a sense of humor. I hade the best time both days that they were here. and I am so grateful that my girls are going to new homes with people who will love and take care of them. that means the world to me 'cause those are my babies.
been doing some repair to the bunny hutches after we had strong winds that blew the styrafoam tops and tarps off the cages. what a mess. fortunately it hasn't rained so they were safe and dry but got them put back together before todays rain hit. I know that texas and louisana have had their share of rain and ours too for that matter but we have been dry, dry, dry. it seems that i'm not as proficient at sexing bunnys as I thought either. had 7 new kits wadded up in the hay on the floor of one of my grow out pens, oops! obviously I missed a boy in there somewhere. mom had not pulled fur or provided them with any kind of a nest so I got a nest box, filled it with hay and put it in the cage with her. she checked it all out, climbed in and fed everybody, yippie skippie. next morning she had pulled a lot of fur and made them a proper little nest. all 7 are doing great.
I have 2 of last years doelings that are still sneaking sips of milk from mom and since the moms are rebred that had to stop so got them separated and the babies in new housing. they are not pleased with me at all but tuff stuff for them. Fiona is pretty thin from having her daughter with her so what has to be is.
everything else is going good, the remaining bacon bit is growing well, he is starting to eat piggy feed and those little grunts and slurpy noises are so cute. he trys to boss mama around and she tolerates him for the longest time and then just tosses him lovingly out of the way. its a good thing they grow up into hogs or I would have a pasture full of piglets.
later youall

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
WooHoo, you're back! Congrats on the new 'puter. I know you feel good about that. Oopsie on the new buns - but all's well that ends well!

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the new computer and finding a couple of great new homes for some of your goats. :thumbsup