Goatgurl - life goes on at someday farm

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
$44K for dental implants??? :epGood grief! The good news is, dentures are much much cheaper. They still cost too much if you don't have the money. I hope you can get your teeth issues fixed @Latestarter . There's no pain like tooth pain.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Latestarter if i had to pay 44k for implants i would just have to just gum my food! and you are right, dental insurance isn't worth much.
and now you see why i had to repost the rabbit picture. poor gracie, not really a bunny killer but heck on toys.
had fire ants get into an old chest freezer that i keep chicken feed in. didn't know they were there until i had been stung 4 times on my right hand. swollen with big blisters, ouch!!! i hate those darn things, may they rest in peace.
spritzer spent the night with choco last night while meringue and black bang spent the night with dewey. three more down and four to go. that will be a fun day at my house next spring.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not to be a pain but I need pics... and lots of them.
You know- face/name. I like to know who is who. ;)

Somehow I didn't think it was a real "bunny". Not sure why :hu

Healing up ok?

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Southern by choice maybe you knew i wouldn't have been so calm if gracie had splattered a real rabbit around my house, lol. and i promise that i will get pictures as soon as i can get them to cooperate. they are either to up in my face or playing and won't stand still. if i can talk ds#1 to help me maybe i can get it done.
got back from my trip to west Virginia a couple of days ago. i must be getting soft 'cause the trip wore me out! loved seeing and visiting with old friends but the 4 days of driving (2 up and 2 back) was exhausting. riding with dd who was driving like a bat out of h--- was almost more than i could handle. tractor trailers flipping in and out of lanes in front of us at 80 mpl scared me to death. i was so glad to get off the 4,6 and 8 lanes of traffic and back to my slow pace. had forgotten how pretty WVa is. had also forgotten how everyone finds a little flat spot in the holler to build so you see 100 houses in these little hollers and no one living up higher. and made me very sad to see how poor the state had become. i feel so bad for friends who have lost jobs and have no real alternative for work.
was glad to see everyone here is doing well. has taken me a couple of days to get caught up with you guy. things are good here, a sheep stepped on one of my black pullets and really smashed her little foot up but everything else is ok

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
ds#1 was just here to get the pen for the back of the truck so we can go after the new ram tomorrow. another purebred katahdins and is he a beauty. i know, i know pictures. i will when we pick him up. instead of buying him i am leasing him this year. way i figure it after he breeds the ewes i'll take him back home and won't have to feed him all winter or worry about how to keep him away from the does since to the ram and the bucks a willing girl is a willing girl even if they are dressed funny.
and @Southern by choice since ds#1 was here i got her to distract the goats so i could get a few pictures. they aren't good pictures but they will have to do till we get more time. these are all long yearlings, none of the older does would cooperate. 1. black bang out of a celtic knot bred doe and my amberwood buck. this is one of hairy girls twin does. 2. is cinnamon is also out of a celtic knot bred doe, hairy's little sister and my buck. 3. is playne Jayne who is out of a forrest pride doe and my buck. they are all three bred for spring freshening. and last but not least is Janice Joplin, call name JJ. she came from a English shepherd rescue gal in Joplin Missouri, hence the name. she is 3/4 English shepherd and 1/4 Australian shepherd. cute as a button and smart as a whip. no she isn't here to be Katie the lgd's new helper. she will be a general farm/yard dog who will help out where she can. Katie will get her helper a little later on or at least that's the plan. and @Baymule you'll notice all your darn ducks underfoot, lol

Attachments

• IMG_0974.JPG
    IMG_0974.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0972.JPG
    IMG_0972.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0978.JPG
    IMG_0978.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0971.JPG
    IMG_0971.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 135

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:love:love:love

LOL my "hairy" girls are getting hairy. Some are ok hairy some I just want to shave the ugly off.:D

I so get the travel thing... it exhausts me.

WV is beautiful. I LOVE the "rocks" (aka boulders that are big under the earth but look like just a rock on top). Wonder where they get their hay cuz ain't no land you can til or plant in. :lol:

Seems poverty is everywhere and getting worse. :(
JJ is cute! How old is she?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am glad you enjoyed your trip. Traveling can be exhausting, it is nice to get back home. Your DD's driving might have scared you, but you can't drive like a sane person on the interstate highways or you will get run over. You just gotta fall in there with the rest of them and drive like a crazy idiot.

Your goats are lovely. :love I am slowly being coerced into wanting goats..... just a couple..... probably works like chicken math.... :th

And I see all those darn ducks underfoot. :lol:

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
long day, took ds#1 to have an echo cardiogram this morning and then took off for northwest Arkansas to pick up the new ram. his name is Raymond and he looks like an angus bull. handsome and easy to work with. he'll follow a feed bucket anywhere. and look at that leg of lamb! introduced him to most of the ewes this afternoon. they aren't sure about him but he is crazy about them. @Baymule and @Devonviolet if you change your mind about dorpers greg is selling some really nice ewes and has a few rams too. has both registered and commercial stock, just a thought. 3rd pic is of Katie and little JJ. kate is not real sure what to think of her but is pretty tolerant so far. but jj doesn't go into the goat yard very often and if she does i am with her. @Southern by choice JJ is 13 wks old btw. 4th pic is of chocodot. she is the other twin doe from shebang aka the hairy girl. and her dot is on her other side. she has longer hair than her sister but thank heavens it is no where as long as her mothers. 5th pic is of princess Fiona, she is the daughter of my favorite doe viola. vi was an accidental cross of a purebred lamancha and a purebred Nubian. she was a dream to milk, gave a gallon+ a day and her udder milked out like a glove. the Nubian half of her would scream bloody murder when she saw me come out the door and the lamancha part of her was loving and calm. she died this summer after my sil left the gate unlocked. i had told and told both him and dd how important it is to keep the gates locked but he "forgot". he had closed the gate but not locked it. ggrrrr viola and Fiona had both got into the chicken corn and gorged themselves. i did the antitoxin thing and gave them both every rx i could think of but viola died the next day and fiona pulled thru but still is thiner than i would like. such is life... and pic 6 is of wanda the one winged blue maran. i hatched her out this spring with a bunch of others and didn't even notice she only had one wing for a couple of weeks. she is just fine, growing as well as the others she just can't fly over the fence.

Attachments

• IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0992.JPG
    IMG_0992.JPG