Good Morning!--Chat thread

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
theyve called me me the old man for years.because i stay on the farm an rarely go anywhere.an they know i dont like going to class reunions.it worked out good tho because the reunion was next door to a buddy of mines house so i talked to him for awhile.an we talked about pop his dad.

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
'Morning all. One cup of coffee down, 5000+ to go it feels like. :D

DH left at 4:00 this morning to go pick up 6 12' heavy stock panels we bought from his parents' neighbor for $400. We'll use two for our new V-chute and will stash the rest for a rainy day or necessary project. We just intended to buy two panels new, but then this deal came up yesterday and it actually did make some sense (unlike most of the "have to have it" deals DH's dad and he come up with). After he gets home and we unload them, we'll drop his truck off for some work and head up to the Olympia Airport...we're volunteering at the air show today for our Grange. I've never been to an air show...should be interesting!

Have a great Sunday, everyone...and Happy Father's Day to all the dads on the board!

(Gads, DH just got home. What were supposed to have been 6 heavy 12' panels in perfect condition are actually 6 LIGHT 16' panels in far from nice condition...three are very heavily bent. Grr. If I had been there we would have just left them, but DH paid and brought them home. I guess we'll see what we can do with two of the straighter panels for a V-chute, and then we'll probably list all of them on Craig's List and see if we can get what we paid for them ($400). Figures.)

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning everybody!

I slept in til a quarter to 9? I must have needed it!
Haven't even finished my first cup of coffee and the day has gone to poo! Step brats called, I guess they are on their way over to see Hubby for daddys day. It's also the boys bday! I got him some new bungees so he can haul around all the stuff he needs, to do what ever I need him to do, and some new big water glasses so maybe if I need one I won't have to search his room as often!

I guess I can't help Amy on her vet day, tried to PM her to get directions, and her inbox is (STILL) full?

Kitty, congrat on the new baler!

Happy fathers day to all the fathers!

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Hello, people! Long time no see!

My update will be short (I'm learning to play the guitar and my fingers hurt). But now that things have settled down a lot, I'll be on more. :)

To thewife:

Relatives? :th

New bungees? Awesome! I cleaned out my Dad's shop as a present. Or... At least I started to. An old knee injury that won't leave me alone keeps coming back. Gosh, I'm too young for this...

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hi GFG, we've been missing you! Glad to see you are back on! :) Are you learning on steel strings or nylon?

We went fishing this afternoon and had some blue gills to clean. They are done and ready for supper tomorrow night. :D

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The corral panel issue ended up taking an interesting turn. DH called the guy he bought them from (who lives an hour and a half away), said they won't work for us (and didn't point out how crappy they are, good guy!), and asked if we could return them. The guy said no problem, so we drove them back to his place and got our cash back. Whew. We borrowed two decent 12' panels from DH's parents (who live near the guy we bought the others from), had a little Father's Day visit and dinner with them, and brought them home. We'll still need something permanent, but this is a much better situation. Crisis averted...now I can work on my resentment over DH's impulse shopping. :p

Good night, everyone!

ohiofarmgirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
good morning everyone! everyone up? did you let the cows/goat/whatever out? everyone milked? i'm on my way out

happy monday!!!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good Morning,

Chores done. Milking done. DH and the girls off to work. Kute Kitten has gone to work with DH, when she can, since she was 4. Peanut decided to go this morning too. This is her first time for a regular business day. She has gone when he's gone in on the weekend to clean or if someone needed something but, not a normal day. We'll see how it goes.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
what are you going todo home alone.i know they well enjoy being with DF.but whats miss peanut gonna do about napptime.im still trying to get over the weekend.going to my class reunion knocked me out.

Latest posts