Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The twos were good here with both girls so, if the teen years are the same, bring them on! :D I can only hope! :fl

Bronco Hollow

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
3416398384_3816736dd5_m.jpg

WBR, good to hear you are safe. I hate weather like that - very scary!!!

HomeSteading.... ;) I am sooo glad I have no kids at home... they're now their married with kidlets of their own :celebrate ....payback lol

I need to get my backend out of this house and work some horses... I'm just not motivated ~

Edited: WEEEEEEE I can post a small picture anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[happy dance!]

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I belive I missed the moring chat. It's 1.00pm and I just get back to the forum. I was trying to get the house back to what it was before the grandkids got here 3 weeks ago. They finally went home last night. It was great, but great to see them go too! My son had a terrfic time in Hawii and they are back to their everyday stuff too. I started with the bedding of the guest room. All I had left to do was the cover mat and spread. Had it all hanging on the line. While I was going thur the toys box, putting things back how they should be, Their way is one big lump. But for a 2 and 3 1/2 year kids at least it wasn't all over the place. Anyway it started to rain. I was able to save the bed mats, but the spread is getting a nature doulbe rinse. So I hope it stops so it will dry and I can bring it in. Hubby went to work to catch up on stuff. I'm just doing mthis and that here at home. Everyone is doing fine. I'm thinking about making watermelon jam. We had only 4 of them making it in our garden. Last year we lost all of them. Us wannabe farm had watermelon/cucumber, hubby said that they cross pollened. :idunno But were happy with this year crop should have taken a pic to show it off. We have 2 more on the vine if they make it I'll take a pic of that. Well everyone have a good day talk to ya later. :frow

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

We survived our little Idaho adventure!
The boy must have did my chores right, all my yard critters seem to be fine! I haven't gone out yet to see if I still have cows.

Hey Kitty!
I have been invited to another baby shower! It's the sister to one of the many I wanted to make a quilt for! You think I can get 2 done by the 15th?

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
stumbles back in.looks like i missed alot of fun stuff.been to the dentist today for the final fitting of my upper plate.going to take them 2 wks to finish them up.so ill be in a bad mood breaking them in.then heard from our custom baler.he isnt going to finish baling our hay this year.so i called a buddy of mine an got on his custom baling list.he said he could get to us in 2 or 3wks.an i said thats fine.ill end up letting him have the extra hay.he is selling hay as fast as he bales it.im trying not to gripe at $23 a bale.

Bronco Hollow

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
wynedot, OMG! 23 as in dollars for a bale of hay? Pleazzze tell me its not the price of a bale of hay! Is this something special your having baled??

Thewife, welcome back! Missed your humor!

Checking in before dinner...pork ribs are on the Bar-B-Q with home made french fries. I'm sooo spoiled, hubby is a great cook.

Have a good evening!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
the $23 a bale is to have the hay cut raked an baled.the guy that quit was charging $20 a bale for cutting raking an baling.we will end up selling him our extra hay.as we only need 150 or 200 bales to go through the winter.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thewife, I dare you to get 2 done by the 15th! ;)

wynedot, we just bought 60 round bales at $30 a bale. That was cheap! Many are getting $40 a bale. Considering they are cutting, raking, and baling your hay, I don't think that's to bad. Why did the other guy quit?

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
he was sick in the hospital.an his wife said he was in there for high blood pressure.but he hasnt been feeling well for the last 2 or 3 summers.you got a good deal on that hay.weve sold hay out of the field for the last 2 or 3yrs for $30 an $32 a bale.i dont know how much we will let my buddy have the extra hay for this year.i have a sneeky he will want our meadows next year.