Got here from BYC

tripletfeb

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been an active member of BYC for five years now and thought I signed up for BYH too but I guess not. My husband and I are trying to buy land in West Virginia so we can start our own little homestead. Currently we have five hens and a garden, that's about it. Fingers crossed we can buy the land soon! Glad to be here!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from east Texas. I was a member of BYC first also. I became a member of BYH to study the forums, ask questions and learn all I could while living in town with my hens and a garden. First farm was 8 acres, now I’m on 25 acres with about 30 sheep.
Dreams do come true!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome. WV -- my family was from Parkersburg. Hilly but pretty, too. I was born there. What area are you looking?

Chickens and a garden are usually first -- and sometimes last 😂 -- probably where most of us started. Many years & animals later, I'm at 30+goats, dairy & meat.

It's a lifestyle,

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from the middle, western part of Va.... About an hour or so we can be in WVa....

Started with some rabbits and then chickens in 4-H, 900 years ago :gig. Mom always had a garden to supplement and I have the same now but it supplies several of the basic vegs I like. When the ground hogs and the varmints don't get it... Cattle, sheep, hogs, you name it have been or are still a part of it all now.

Ducklinglover

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Yeah I got banned for being thirteen even though the app says 4 year olds can use it so I came trying to find some people who want to talk about ducks

tripletfeb

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Welcome. WV -- my family was from Parkersburg. Hilly but pretty, too. I was born there. What area are you looking?

Chickens and a garden are usually first -- and sometimes last 😂 -- probably where most of us started. Many years & animals later, I'm at 30+goats, dairy & meat.

It's a lifestyle,
Parkersburg is around where we are looking too! Arnoldburg area as well
Yeah I got banned for being thirteen even though the app says 4 year olds can use it so I came trying to find some people who want to talk about ducks
You have to be 13 to use any of these sites, it's for your protection. Creepers are everywhere, even innocent places like this. People can and will report you if you are underage. My son is 12, if he ever posted what you posted on BYC, I'd be furious and he would be in big trouble

Ducklinglover

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Parkersburg is around where we are looking too! Arnoldburg area as well

You have to be 13 to use any of these sites, it's for your protection. Creepers are everywhere, even innocent places like this. People can and will report you if you are underage. My son is 12, if he ever posted what you posted on BYC, I'd be furious and he would be in big trouble
I didn’t post anything bad