Grants mini herd

Grant

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Bull update, he has manners still. If he gets close just putting up an open hand will make him back up, but only when I have the bucket. He will let me pet him with the same hand without the bucket. Guess he’s a fast learner. Spent some time on the Jeffers website, I need to get vaccinations, pour on wormers, etc. Got to keep the boys and girls healthy. Also got some LA200, just in case.

Grant

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It’s been cold, wet and just plain nasty outside this week. I’ve been feeding a little hay this week and figured out my wife was being very generous with feed while I was gone. Oh well, fat cows are better than starving cows. :):ya
We are going to do some more landscaping and yard work this week, it’s supposed to be very nice in the 60s this weekend.

Grant

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
A lot nicer today. Went to pick up 30 bales of hay, I’m sure most of it will get carried over, although I am feeding some now as the new pastures are eaten down pretty well now and not much quality food out there. I did take a couple of picks to show how they came through winter.
F784B5A7-3464-484B-8434-67653835904C.jpeg
730F9EAE-3017-409D-8EA5-B574B03F34E9.jpeg

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are good lookers! Lucky you with the weather! We’re getting that blizzard hitting Erie....8” today...lots more to come through Monday.... nice farm!!

Grant

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Worked on some landscaping around the house, about a ton of flat stone, another 2 ton of rock in the beds. Then the cherry, I had a small area of my property I really hadn’t looked in. I found a 3 1/2 by 2 1/2 by 1 1/2 foot boulder. My quick math indicated about 1600 lbs. I had to see if I could get it. Took the tractor down, took the iron bar and loaded it in, chained it in and lifted it just enough to move it. Backed all,the way from the front to the house backwards, basically dragging the loader. The tractor would lift it, but it was slightly off center on weight and honestly I was afraid i would bend a loader arm I lifted it and just drove up. Everything looks great and ready for my wife’s spring flowers. I’ll try some pics tomorrow. Honestly just too tired and sore to take them tonight.