Grants mini herd

Grant

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
A new butcher opened near me about 4-5 months ago. They opened in time for deer season, but until some people went, ididnt want to jump over and get Houston done there. Finally got some reviews and seems they are doing a good job, so I moved Houston’s appt up from late June to next week. He’s been a great calf, but he’s always had a job and that’s to fill my freezer. So that process will start in a little over a week.

They normally hang 2 weeks, but I talked to them about letting him hang for 3. If he’s got the fat layer, that’s what we are going to do. I think he will. He kept a lot of flesh over the winter. I fed grain every day for the last 4 months, so that’s good. Hoping for a good beef 🥩 in about 4 weeks.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like he ought to kill out good. We also hang for 18-21 days whenever possible. Now that they are so far booked ahead and all, 2 weeks is all they will do. Not exactly happy.... but what can you do.
That is great that they could get you in soo soon.... wish we could get an appt sooner here.... I'd like to put that char heifer in the freezer and have the jersey steer to get done too.....