Greetings from (soon to be) Azle, TX.

DParker

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
In Texas I don't see why you would need to close anything up on that shed.... except for predators. I would think that closing up the shed would cook the goats.

I would guess that your biggest goat predator would be dogs. So, whatever you have needs to keep out dogs.
I was thinking along the lines of using plywood to enclose the bottom 3 feet or so, and then using cattle panel or some such the rest of the way to the roof. That would take care of the predator issue at night...which is when I would expect that sort of thing to be most likely...while still providing more than enough ventilation.

As for those predators, we have coyotes, bobcats and...once in a blue moon...a mountain lion will make its way through. Oh, and there are also alligators in a lake about 15 minutes from the property, but I don't expect any trouble from them. ;)

Thanks for all the breeding..and breed...info. It helps reinforce the conclusion I came to that, for my situation at least, owning bucks probably wouldn't be worth the trouble.

DParker

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You can help determine when your doe is in heat with a "buck rag" which you can obtain from buck owner. This will pinpoint when the doe is ready for that date! They are only in the mood a very short time.
Thanks. I'm going to look into that.

Latest posts