Hair loss in pygmy goat's fur

CaramelKittey

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my doe this year in the Spring. I thought it might be lice despite the fact I didn’t see any bugs. I spread lime and diatomaceous earth throughout her shed, and coated her with the diatomaceous earth. It was not lice. When it started to get warmer, I shaved her to see if I could find the problem. She was only losing hair in a few areas. After I shaved her, I gave her lots of mineral supplements and rubbed our natural udder balm on her skin to prevent sunburn. She had all her hair back within a month. Hopefully your goats get their hair back soon!

Hope this helps!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey @AmberLops ! I'm not a goatie! haha I'm a Sheeple! I'd like to see a picture too. After lots and lots of rain in hot weather, my horses had rain rot. Their hair fell out and I was horrified. Some Pine O' Pine in a 5 gallon bucket of water and sponging them down daily for awhile cleared it right up.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey @AmberLops ! I'm not a goatie! haha I'm a Sheeple! I'd like to see a picture too. After lots and lots of rain in hot weather, my horses had rain rot. Their hair fell out and I was horrified. Some Pine O' Pine in a 5 gallon bucket of water and sponging them down daily for awhile cleared it right up.
Sorry!! I thought you had goats!!

MiniGoatsRule

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If you look really closely on the brown one's back, there is a grey spot. He has a few of those, that look like a grey burlap sack. He has a few of those.

Attachments

• KIMG0200.JPG
    KIMG0200.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 290