Hatching/Incubation Help

crsch1888

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Mine were shipped eggs too, Bless their hearts amazing we get any thing out of the eggs after the wild ride they must go through.

Good for you helping and getting them safely here. I had one pip on the side and it didn't make it.
Yea, the one that pipped last night on the side I'm not sure about, I started to take a tiny bit of shell away for it but I saw that blood was showing so I stopped. I do have not that hatched that keeps flopping over on its back, it just came out a few minutes ago, do you know what causes that?

newchickmama91

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Yeah I have two other runner ducklings in the room their in I think hearing them is egging the others to hatch! I'm hoping it'll start zipping tomorrow as it's been internally pipped for 2 days but you know what ducks are like they tend to take their time :he

Miss Lydia

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have one frizzle she is Cochin bantam and 9 yrs old she is a spit fire but never got another one from any of her eggs. I'd like a few more too.

Hoping you get a nice surprise with a few frizzles.

newchickmama91

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Yea, the one that pipped last night on the side I'm not sure about, I started to take a tiny bit of shell away for it but I saw that blood was showing so I stopped. I do have not that hatched that keeps flopping over on its back, it just came out a few minutes ago, do you know what causes that?
They seem to do that it takes them a while to get up on their feet.

Miss Lydia

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

No I don't,hope it will settle down soon. May just need a little time after hatching.
Yeah I have two other runner ducklings in the room their in I think hearing them is egging the others to hatch! I'm hoping it'll start zipping tomorrow as it's been internally pipped for 2 days but you know what ducks are like they tend to take their time :he

Oh yes they love to keep us on the edge of our seats for sure. Come on lil Runners!!

newchickmama91

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
How long do I wait if it makes no progress? Just so I know incase it needs help :)

newchickmama91

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score

Miss Lydia

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I may not be the one to guide you since it took 3 days for me to help the only duckling I have ever helped. I started on Friday and got her to where she could finish on Sunday she was hatched Monday morning when I went out to check she was under a duck the whole time..
Is it working on the shell now?
I'd see how much progress it's making today and keep track of those peeps strong, weak.If it's working on the shell it's always best to let them hatch by themselves if at all possible.

newchickmama91

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I may not be the one to guide you since it took 3 days for me to help the only duckling I have ever helped. I started on Friday and got her to where she could finish on Sunday she was hatched Monday morning when I went out to check she was under a duck the whole time..
Is it working on the shell now?
I'd see how much progress it's making today and keep track of those peeps strong, weak.If it's working on the shell it's always best to let them hatch by themselves if at all possible.
No it's still absorbing from what I can see. Once it starts on the shell I'll feel less worried but what do I do if it doesn't work on the shell? Never done this before sorry all the ducks I've incubated seem to die before now