Hello from Kansas!

johnsons-r-us

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
simplynewt said:
Is that Mr. or Mrs. Johnsons? :hu

At any rate, welcome to BYH. I am a newbie here myself and so far, there are some awesome people in this forum.

I have a Nubian but dont plan on breedingher right away. Probably not in a while. I also have 5 hens but dont expect them to start laying until around March.

Good Luck and pleased to meet you.
This is Mrs. Johnson :)
Nice to "see" so many people from different states. I love collecting my eggs :weee I rush home and the first place I go is the coop :D Mr. Johnson is not that interested in seeing the many fun items left behind. :idunno He loves to cook the omelets though.

We've been thinking about adding a couple of goats since last summer. It does seem like a bigger commitment than the chickens, which are easy. Just let them out in the am and shut the pop door in the pm. So we are taking some time doing research before jumping in. So many neat things to do with the milk though. That's what interests me! :clap

MenagerieMama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
johnsons-r-us said:
simplynewt said:
Is that Mr. or Mrs. Johnsons? :hu

At any rate, welcome to BYH. I am a newbie here myself and so far, there are some awesome people in this forum.

I have a Nubian but dont plan on breedingher right away. Probably not in a while. I also have 5 hens but dont expect them to start laying until around March.

Good Luck and pleased to meet you.
This is Mrs. Johnson :)
Nice to "see" so many people from different states. I love collecting my eggs :weee I rush home and the first place I go is the coop :D Mr. Johnson is not that interested in seeing the many fun items left behind. :idunno He loves to cook the omelets though.

We've been thinking about adding a couple of goats since last summer. It does seem like a bigger commitment than the chickens, which are easy. Just let them out in the am and shut the pop door in the pm. So we are taking some time doing research before jumping in. So many neat things to do with the milk though. That's what interests me! :clap
I am in the same boat as you. We really want to jump into the adventure of goat farming/milking. I hope you find the breed and answers you seek. I have a feeling raising goats is going to be an entertaining and fun challenge! Can't wait to see how you make out! And... :welcome