Hello from Lytle, Texas

SOSRanch

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm in Lytle, TX born and raised in San Antonio. Just recently got 2 rescue horses from my boss. They are QH x Paint. Doc Holliday is 2 years old, and Django is 9 months old. My hubby and I are new to horses and are just looking for advice and tips/ tricks of the trade!! We have 3 children, they are 15, 10, and 9. My biggest animals so far, lol!! Then we have 1 1/2 dogs (black mouth cur and a tiny Chihuahua, hence the 1/2). We have a pot belly pig and 3 hens and 1 rooster. And now proud mommy to 5 more baby chickens, soon to be more!! We moved out of the city to enjoy the country living, and have definitely been loving it since!! Have a great day y'all!!

Last edited:

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcome You can find a wealth of knowledge under the horse and pony section. I’m not very knowledgeable in that area either. ;)

We are in Southern IN and raise beef show cattle, dairy goats, feeder pigs, and chickens. Our children are 2,4,6. I hope you enjoy BYH! I sure do! :cool:

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello @SOSRanch and welcome! You have come to the right place to get tips and advice on horses, goats, chicken, cattle....there are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable folks around here! Browse around and even search by keyword on topics you are looking to find out. If you can't find any then start a thread and ask away.

We are in upstate New York. We have a dog, 2 hens and 2 cows, that's it for now.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
:frow :welcome From North East Texas. DH and I are about an hour North of @Baymule. We started our journey at about the same time, in 2014, and have become the best of friends.

DH and I have 5 dairy goats, 11 chickens, 22 ducks, 2 geese and one cranky turkey hen, as well as 2 excellent Livestock Guardian Dogs (LGDs).

You have come to the right place, to learn to care for your animals and for support, in your homesteading endeavor. We look forward to getting to know you and your animals.

BTW, pictures are welcomed and even encouraged. We love seeing photos of each other's animals.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from another (transplanted) Texan in NE TX! I'm in Mount Pleasant. So glad you joined us. There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. I recommend at least your state as most folks won't be able to figure out where if you put anything more specific (county, town, street, etc) by itself. Old folks like me :old will never remember & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

Last edited: