Hello, from OK

Kassaundra

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have lurked some on this site, but didn't make an account b/c I didn't have any "herd" animals. I have been planning on rabbits for a while, and did a lot of research here. Life kept getting in the way and the rabbits kept getting put on the back burner, well this week I went to a chicken swap to sell a cockrel and young capon to this lady and instead ended up trading those two for a male and female rabbits.

We weren't exactly ready, but it has lit a fire under our butts to get our housing together. We are making do w/ a temporary set up for a few days until we can get it all organized. I am super excited about the housing idea we have come up with and will post pics and description when we have something to post. (those of you who know me from BYC and TEG know how much I love pics)

Our plan is for fodder / forage type set up as far as feeding goes. So far we have been feeding them clover, grass, raspberry leaves, comfrey leaves, red bud, sunflower leaves, lambs quarters, does that sound balanced? Are we missing anything vital?

And here they are, no names yet but considering Nemo for the boy, and Mulan for the girl, and when we get the next girl Belle.

DSC_1151.JPG

DSC_1153.JPG

DSC_1154.JPG

Oh and forgot to mention the female is likely pregnant we think she will be due near June 25th.

Farmin' Girl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
They are cute! What breed are they?
BTW, hello and :welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a female named Bell(a) :)

Kassaundra

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
According to a rabbit site on my FB the browner male is mini rex mix, and the larger grey female is chinchilla or chinchilla mix.

This was all pretty sudden and the lady I got them from had little to no info. about them, she wanted to buy the rabbit hutch for a grow out for her chickens, and had to take the buns to get the cage. She had them for a couple of weeks before I got them. I wouldn't have purchased them under these conditions w/ such little info, but since this was basically free rabbits to start with and see if we could / would want to do this (and they weren't white w/ red eyes, that freaks me out) I decided to do the spur of the moment thing (very unlike my planning self)

Sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH! :frow