Hello from SC

wannabe_chickadee

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I've been lurking this forum for a few months soaking up as much as I can in preparation for our two little bundles of Nigerian joy that will be coming home in a few weeks. We're getting two doelings and a handful of pullets and jumping feet first into trying to be more self-sufficient. I also just ordered a bunch of seeds to put in some winter vegetables. I'm really excited about all this, just wish we had more than a half acre to play with. Next time we move we're going to buy more property. A little about us. We're a military family. My husbad is an enlisted Master Sergeant with the USAF. I'm a disabled USAF veteran myself and now stay home with our 3 children, who are 4, 6, and 10. Two oldest are girls, Ariana and Isabella, and youngest is my little buddy, Oliver. I also have African Grey parrots named Luna and Remington, a a male mantle Great Dane named Seamus, and a red/rust Doberman named Nala. We're stationed in South Carolina now but before that we were in California, Korea, Italy, and Germany. I met my husband in Korea when I was still enlisted and the rest is history. ;) I'm originally from Marion, IN but moved to Converse in middle school and graduated from Oak Hill High in '96. I went to college and then joined the USAF in 1999. I'm pretty sure I saw that someone else on here is from Marion. That's pretty crazy. :) I'm glad to be here, learning from you all. Can't wait until I have pictures to post of my new babies.