Hello from Washington State

Bigrockfarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello, we live in North Central Washington. We raise ADGA Nigerian Dwarf goats (since 2014), chickens (2015). We are fairly new to our mini horses, rex rabbits and kune kune pigs.
We also have livestock guardian dogs. Here to learn as much as we can!

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome!! I used to breed and show Nigerians, but have now switched to miniature horses.

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We are currently on foal watch here. I'm about to lose my mind! I thought goats were bad 😂
Oh we need pictures when she foals!!
They are much much worse than goats for sure! And a lot more sneaky. Hard to catch unless you have cameras.
Plus side is, the foals tend to be lower maintenance than goats. I don't miss milking, bottle feeding, disbudding, tatooing, etc.....!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello, we live in North Central Washington. We raise ADGA Nigerian Dwarf goats (since 2014), chickens (2015). We are fairly new to our mini horses, rex rabbits and kune kune pigs.
Welcome to BYH!!!

What kind of LGD?

Last edited:

GrammaJenn

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi! I‘m at the top of NW Washington. Just started with Nigerian Dwarf goats. Love them, but having an issue with a new mom not wanting to nurse. We’ve been putting her ina milking stand since Friday. Any suggestions?

Bigrockfarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh we need pictures when she foals!!
They are much much worse than goats for sure! And a lot more sneaky. Hard to catch unless you have cameras.
Plus side is, the foals tend to be lower maintenance than goats. I don't miss milking, bottle feeding, disbudding, tatooing, etc.....!
I will post pictures for sure! We have the barn camera on her at night and I pretty much stare at her all day haha I can see her from my kitchen window.
Welcome to BYH!!!

What kind of LGD?
Thanks! I have a 2 year old pyrenees female and a 4 month old anatolian/kangal male.
Hi! I‘m at the top of NW Washington. Just started with Nigerian Dwarf goats. Love them, but having an issue with a new mom not wanting to nurse. We’ve been putting her ina milking stand since Friday. Any suggestions?
Hello! was this her first kidding? I would keep trying for a little while longer, sometimes they just wont accept their kids. Is she being mean to them? I've had 2 does reject their kids, the next breeding season they were outstanding mothers. Have you been bottle feeding the kids at all? Might want to get them use to it in case it doesn't work out with mom.

GrammaJenn

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Y
I will post pictures for sure! We have the barn camera on her at night and I pretty much stare at her all day haha I can see her from my kitchen window.

Thanks! I have a 2 year old pyrenees female and a 4 month old anatolian/kangal male.

Hello! was this her first kidding? I would keep trying for a little while longer, sometimes they just wont accept their kids. Is she being mean to them? I've had 2 does reject their kids, the next breeding season they were outstanding mothers. Have you been bottle feeding the kids at all? Might want to get them use to it in case it doesn't work out with mom.
yes. First kid. She is very sweet with the baby, which makes me wonder if she is nursing and I just haven’t seen it. Baby is definitely gaining and active. Haven’t bottle fed him yet because hes been nursing while she’s in the milking stand. It’s her initial trying to sit when he starts nursing that has me puzzled.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Y

yes. First kid. She is very sweet with the baby, which makes me wonder if she is nursing and I just haven’t seen it. Baby is definitely gaining and active. Haven’t bottle fed him yet because hes been nursing while she’s in the milking stand. It’s her initial trying to sit when he starts nursing that has me puzzled.
Since she is a FF, she just needs to get used to everything.

Hopefully she will soon stop the sitting thing.

Latest posts