Hello!

Quail

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I think joining here only leaves me the easy garden to join :lol: Not sure if I can keep up with all our sister sites or not! (still waiting/hoping for a Backyard Goats!)

Dh and I currently farm 7 small acres and right now we raise chickens, royal palm turkeys, and goats. We are hoping to add a head or two (or 3 or 4) of beef in the spring.

My husband is a herdsmen by trade. He worked for a local farm who paid for him to have schooling to milk, breed, vaccinate, pull calves, give meds, etc....I think he can do just about everything that involves cows....We used to raise up bottle babies for butcher, but haven't done that in awhile.

We rotate pasture when we did have cows. We grass fed our cows in the spring/summer months and used hay/grain in the colder months (when there isn't any grasses to eat!)

We have five children, 1 cat, 2 dogs, 2 Turkeys, 3 goats and 2 goats we are boarding, 6 ferrets, and nearly 100 chickens.

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome, Quail!

What made you choose the Royal Palm turkeys? I'm kicking around the idea of having a couple of turkeys and saw a neat article recently about different heritage breeds in the Hobby Farms magazine. I love to hear why folks choose the heritage breeds they do. (Suppose I'll have to talk to my DH before we actually GET any turkeys, but that's another matter.) :)

Quail

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
amysflock said:
Welcome, Quail!

What made you choose the Royal Palm turkeys? I'm kicking around the idea of having a couple of turkeys and saw a neat article recently about different heritage breeds in the Hobby Farms magazine. I love to hear why folks choose the heritage breeds they do. (Suppose I'll have to talk to my DH before we actually GET any turkeys, but that's another matter.) :)
I chose the royal palm turkeys because they aren't large and they reproduce naturally and they are very friendly!

Latest posts